Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-20-2014, 05:04 AM   #1
Any tips for using Flojet?

So we are entering our second year of trailering and have decided we will be spending more time at state parks and COE campgrounds. These campgrounds usually do not have a sewer hookup but do have a dump station. So I have bought a Flojet unit to enable transfer from my holding tanks to a portable holding tank. My idea is to use the tailgate of my pickup to haul the portable tank for dumping, rather than rolling it. Any ideas anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

TIA... MIke

2015 Flagstaff Super V 26VFKSS
2013 RAM 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 CTD
Sold... 2013 Shadow Cruiser 260BH
raytwntrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2014, 06:07 AM   #2
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Only this: I have found after a period of non-use the rotor will "Stick" causing me to use a lot of fuses up.

On the bottom of the motor the shaft extends out, there is a slot, turn it with a coin or flat screwdriver in the obvious direction and that will free the thing to work,, Problem is the parts in the pump stick a bit once used

Sure beats tearing it down.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #3
The Thetford models have better wheels and can be towed by attaching to your hitch ball, best that the roads are smooth. Won't work with the 2 wheel models. I tow mine on occasion with my small motorcycle.
The macerator pumps are good for your needs, easy to start and stop the flow.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:27 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have the large 42 gallon Blue Boy with the newer ball bearing steel wheels. Rolls easy. Works well. Well made. Tows easy behind my jeep.

I don't use a Flojet or similar to fill it but plan to do so at some time in he future when need arises.
Vince and Susan
2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH (Cummins ISC/Freightliner)
Flat towing a modified 2005 Jeep (Rubicon Wrangler)
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:42 PM   #5
Outdoors RV Owners Club
The FloJet is electric? I read some reviews about it. Mind the duty cycle rating to avoid damaging it, I read where the unit just stopped working due to being run too long.
ORV 19B Full Timer, '14 Ram 2500 Diesel and a GSD. This signature updated, August 13, '16.
Currently working in Idaho Falls ID de K7NOL 146.52Mhz Safety? (CLICK ME!)
1bigmess is offline   Reply With Quote