Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2007, 12:29 PM   #1

I'm looking at a SunnyBrook and haven't heard much about them. Does anyone have any comments (positive & negative) about this brand?

2009 Komfort Trialblazer 285S
Riverdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2007, 12:29 PM   #2

I'm looking at a SunnyBrook and haven't heard much about them. Does anyone have any comments (positive & negative) about this brand?

Old 01-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Everything I've read or heard about them has been positive. From what I can tell they produce well made trailers and 5th wheels.
Most owners seem to be very happy with them...again: this is from items I've read and threads I've seen on other forums.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:46 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Traditionally, they've had a very good reputation for quality. I haven't heard much about them in the last year or so, so I can only surmise that they're quietly going about their business.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:23 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
You can get a lot of information over at Sunnybrooktalk.com

I have had one for several years now and have had a very good experience with it.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:52 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Jayco Owners Club
I agree with Jay. Mine has been a very good trailer and would buy from them again.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:37 PM   #7

Thanks all for your comments.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:39 PM   #8

Sunny Brook makes one of the better RV, good fit and finish both inside and out. Their 5th wheel are well designed, I especially like the way they have all the outside hookups located in one handy location which makes it a breeze to hookup all your water/waste water connections along with the electrical and TV connections. I also like they way they set up the LP gas bottles(40# Each) which are located in their own locked area, to fill them alls you do is unlock the side door relise the latch and pull the handle and slide them out. One last thing the trade off on buying a good quality units like Sunny Brook and others is their weight because they do run a little on the heavy side, so do your math and check the weights to make sure you can handle the load.
cpo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:55 AM   #9

CPO3 - (sound kind of "Starwars-ish") thanks for the comments. I've now got 2 SunnyBrook TT's to look at - they are both in the 28' range so I s/b ok as far as weight goes because my TV is a Chevy 2500HD - Duramax/Allison. But I will double check to be sure.

Our annual RV show was last weekend & they had 1 Sunny Brook 5er - very nice unit. I will be checking the 2 TT's out this weekend.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:07 PM   #10

The Sunnybrook talk sight is now called
myrvtalk.com and is not just a Sunnybrook
owners site. Everyone is Welcome.
Westwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #11

I'm on my Sunny Brook 5th wheel. My firstwas a 2002. I didn't have to take it back one single time for repair. My second is a new Bristol Bay. I've had it back twice to have little things repaired. The company is now on there 16th year of exisance and may not be payig as much attention to details as on my first unit. Thay still make a gret unit, but there has been a lot of problems with the tires on the new units. These tires are made in China and four of the people in our club have had problems with the tires (blowouts) and the warenty would not cover the problems.
Banshe
Banshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #12

Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
BEWARE of any tires made in China. Our Cardinal had a blowout and Kenda tire had extended the warranty and paid for the damages to the rig $1200.00 plus prorated the cost of replacement tires. After some research on the "net" I found that a lot of made in China tires are not holding up.

Made in China equals junk and unsafe.
ncason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:41 AM   #13

Recently took delivery of a new Sunnybrook travel trailer & after towing it home I took a close look at the tires. 3 of the 5 tires (Chinese, of course!) had splits in the sidewalls. Back to the dealer! They ordered 5 new tires from factory (Chinese, of course!)which I had installed yesterday.

The owners manual states "We use only premium quality radial tires." Hmm! These are of the brand name 'Vail'. The tire center that installed them had never heard of the brand. The only reference to 'Vail tires' on the internet brought up Vail, Colorado.

Needless to say, I have absolutely no confidence in these tires & will contact Sunnybrook to raise my concerns. So far have not been able to use trailer for its intended purpose due to this tire issue & am somewhat paranoid as my 1st trip will be to Fl., a distance of over 1000 miles.
jodann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:43 AM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
Tire selection is not the place to "cheap out" on a 5th wheel as, unlike our cars and trucks, the 5th wheel tires often operate at 90% to 95% of their load ratings.

Having been the victim of four (4) tread separations over my RVing years, I'd go with the best tires I could get in the size you require, even if you have to do it on your nickel. The peace of mind is worth it.

JM2CW....

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland