Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #1

Anyone own a Minnie Winnie trailer (new line)?

So, Winnebago is back in business with towables and we hope to look at one in a couple of days. Anyone on the forum own a Minnie Winnie travel trailer? If so, what do you have to say about it?

Thanks!
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2013, 05:31 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I don't own one but have looked. I like the layout of them.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #3

They had a floor plan we liked when we bought our trailer recently but there weren't any in our area. Plus, my wife didn't want a trailer with Minnie on the side. Seriously.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #4

Have ordered the 2101FBS. It is to come off of the line on 8/2/13. We should be taking delivery near the end of August and are really looking forward to the additional space and storage. For many this would be down sizing but for us it will be upsizing. We have camped in a 17 ft Casita for the past 2+ years. We were and out of several of the Minnies and this one suited our needs the best.
labcdef24242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by labcdef24242 View Post
Have ordered the 2101FBS. It is to come off of the line on 8/2/13. We should be taking delivery near the end of August and are really looking forward to the additional space and storage. For many this would be down sizing but for us it will be upsizing. We have camped in a 17 ft Casita for the past 2+ years. We were and out of several of the Minnies and this one suited our needs the best.
Congratulations on the purchase and I hope to hear that you're pleased with it once you have a chance to take it out on the road. We're looking at the 2201DS and hope to take a look at one on Friday at a dealership outside of Columbus, OH. We really like the outside kitchen and the bathroom with corner shower and lots of storage cabinets. I'm curious to see the dinette set-up as downgrading to this unit means giving up a sofa along with the dinetted. But with the tv viewable in both bedroom and dining area, I think we can learn to love it. And, we'll be towing around 2K less than we are now. Our 2002 Sunline has been fantastic, but it's time to lighten the load and shorten the length a little.

Thanks for responding!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnailer View Post
They had a floor plan we liked when we bought our trailer recently but there weren't any in our area. Plus, my wife didn't want a trailer with Minnie on the side. Seriously.
There's a dealership about 45 minutes from us that may be able to order the unit we want. But, we're going to wait and see what they have in stock at the RV show in Cleveland in January. And there's a couple other Winnebago dealers in Ohio...don't mind taking a road trip if someone has the unit we want and wants to make the right deal!

And...don't mind Minnie on the side...but we can't handle it being yellow, green or red....so it will have to be a white one! I've got a red Tundra....can you just bright red truck hauling a very yellow trailer...ketchup followed by mustard????
Or red truck with a red trailer that doesn't quite match??? or red truck and green trailer....HO HO HO!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbwr View Post
There's a dealership about 45 minutes from us that may be able to order the unit we want. But, we're going to wait and see what they have in stock at the RV show in Cleveland in January. And there's a couple other Winnebago dealers in Ohio...don't mind taking a road trip if someone has the unit we want and wants to make the right deal!

And...don't mind Minnie on the side...but we can't handle it being yellow, green or red....so it will have to be a white one! I've got a red Tundra....can you just bright red truck hauling a very yellow trailer...ketchup followed by mustard????
Or red truck with a red trailer that doesn't quite match??? or red truck and green trailer....HO HO HO!
Agree, we weren't into the colored ones either.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #8

we recently ordered the 2101DS

I love the fact that the one we ordered is bright Cherry red! It won't look like every other TT out there. It will be easy to find in a RV park and should look smashing with our red Tundra. We looked at many TT brands and models before deciding on the Minnie and we are very happy with our choice. Great fit and finish, really comfy furniture, lots of storage and again love that cherry red color!
bandsmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsmills View Post
I love the fact that the one we ordered is bright Cherry red! It won't look like every other TT out there. It will be easy to find in a RV park and should look smashing with our red Tundra. We looked at many TT brands and models before deciding on the Minnie and we are very happy with our choice. Great fit and finish, really comfy furniture, lots of storage and again love that cherry red color!
Have you actually seen a red trailer alongside your Tundra? I was wondering if the two were a match. And...if you like it...go for it!!!!
Old 07-27-2013, 06:26 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnailer View Post
When I was in the market for a new Toyota Tundra my wife told me she wouldn't be seen in one that said TRD on the side. Whoever came up with that designation should be fired.
Yarcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #11

If I'm reading between the lines correctly...good thing the truck pulls the trailer....or else, you know what you would have....

Minnie.......TRD!!!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #12

Thread update....we bought a Winnie 2201DS! The quality looks to be very good, and the design is great for our needs. We pick it up next week, and then after we get a chance to take it out for a few trips, I will post a "review" so anyone looking at the new Winnebago towables can learn about our experiences. In the near future, we have a wedding (my younger son) coming up soon, so any camping trip has to wait until the second week of September....anticipation is killing me!
Old 08-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #13

Winnebago bought Sunnybrook several years ago and are now producing the trailers under the Winnebago name. Build is good, quality is good. Buy it and enjoy.
FatJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #14

We did! We will!