Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2016, 06:14 PM   #1

Arctic Fox TT?

I have pretty much decided I am getting a TT instead of a FW trailer. My Ram 2500 is just gonna be able to tow a lot nicer TT than a FW.

Does anyone here have an Arctic Fox TT?

I am looking at the Silver fox 32 A model. I think they actually don't build that anymore, but not sure. I did look at a 30U model and it was very nice. I'd rather get a standard Arctic Fox classic which is 8.5 ' wide, but they don't have any big floor plans except a bunk house model.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2016, 06:17 PM   #2

I have also looked at the Outdoor Blackstone TT which is very nice, but no local dealer. We have a Camping World here and many of those cover the Outdoor stuff but the local store does not.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:16 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1340 View Post
I have pretty much decided I am getting a TT instead of a FW trailer. My Ram 2500 is just gonna be able to tow a lot nicer TT than a FW.

Does anyone here have an Arctic Fox TT?

I am looking at the Silver fox 32 A model. I think they actually don't build that anymore, but not sure. I did look at a 30U model and it was very nice. I'd rather get a standard Arctic Fox classic which is 8.5 ' wide, but they don't have any big floor plans except a bunk house model.

We have the Arctic Fox model 32A that we took delivery on this past May. It is a great trailer that is very well insulated and very well built. It is a current model for them. And, the 30U has been discontinued.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1340 View Post
I have also looked at the Outdoor Blackstone TT which is very nice, but no local dealer. We have a Camping World here and many of those cover the Outdoor stuff but the local store does not.
You may need to go north - Oregon or Wash to find a dealer - check you the Outdoor web site.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
You may need to go north - Oregon or Wash to find a dealer - check you the Outdoor web site.
They have 3 in California, but not close to me. There is a Northwood dealer 15 minutes away.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:13 AM   #6

We bought a used 30u and really love it. Had a 26x before and liked it too but the 30u was a little bigger and the bathroom and bedroom was a little bigger. Bob
Old 02-14-2016, 11:45 AM   #7

We have a 25Y just for the 2 of us and really like it for size and storage. Have the recliners instead of sofa. Good bedroom with separate toilet room. 30ft long and 8.5 wide
redwing10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 12:23 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Bob, where are you in cal? Fill out your sig so people can help you more. I would do this: look on the Northwood and Outdoors suites and find the TT's you like the most. Call the factory with any questions. Find a dealer with those units. Plan a trip to La Grande and tour the factories. Then go buy the unit at a local dealer. Take the TT on a camping trip close to the factory. Then return to the factory for any warranty items. Then continue on a nice long vacation. See, it's easy. Good luck.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 07:47 PM   #9

We live in Wisconsin and the nearest Arctic Fox was 5 hours away in Minnesota, which is where we purchased ours. We did have a number of after purchase issues that needed to be taken care of but never had to take it back to the Arctic Fox dealer. Northwood has an excellent warranty policy and allows you to take it to any local preapproved RV service center for needed repairs or warranty work. The Northwood trailers are nice, but there is nothing secret about them that any reasonably competent service center can't take care of.

We did seriously consider making the trip to Oregon and buying from a dealer there. Transportation costs are lower for dealers close to the plant, so you can save significant money by making the trip. In our case the savings would have easily paid for the gas to make the drive, and if I have any regret it is that I didn't do that in order to have an expense paid trip to Oregon!
Old 02-14-2016, 10:35 PM   #10

We have a smaller 22H Arctic Fox and love the build quality of it. It's a solid trailer that keeps us warm in 20 degree temps.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:16 PM   #11

We purchased a Arctic Fox 25R sleeps 6 lots of room. Brought it back to Alaska it's great off road with its height and very warm. Great quality build.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:47 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Like Abnmarine we also had a Nash 22H and liked it a lot.

How to make a signature for your RV so we can serve you better.

1 .Click "User CP" on left side of the screen in about the middle.
2. Click "Edit Signature" on left side 7 bars down under Your Control Panel.
3. Fill out your signature information.
4. Click "Save Signature"
Old 02-27-2016, 12:00 PM   #13

2016 AF 32A - Fantastic !

Hey, Bob ! Three of us (TexasFuse, ChaplinTom, ArcticFox), purchased 32As at about the same time and we have all been very happy with our Silver Foxes! 2 of us purchased from Sumner RV, Sumner, WA; and our contact was Scott Foreman. I solicited 4 bids and true to their word - Sumner had the lowe$t price. From ordering through manufacturing and delivery - Scott and Sumner were the "Very - Personable and Professional Best". Any questions for build-sheet options or factory extras - give me a call ! 253-851-7601. Best! Doyle
Old 02-27-2016, 01:18 PM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Bob, have not seen you here since you started this thread over two weeks ago.

Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote