Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2014, 01:06 AM   #1

Artic Fox 25Y 2015

We are about to become a first time TT owner. We are considering purchasing a 2015 25Y Artic Fox TT from Apache RV Ctr in Everett Washington listed price $35,995 if purchased by 12-31-14 price $32,200. What's are the pros and com's of Artic fox.

How much would you offer?
Anyone dealt with this dealership?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2014, 06:22 AM   #2

I have a 30U high quality high price but I'm happy

Old 12-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #3

AF is as good as any and better than some. They are heavy for their size. Not for a 1/2 ton PU.
Offer $28K and be ready to write a check if their counter suits you.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #4

I'd shoot for $28,000 too. But I'd settle for $30,000. They have 2014's that you could probably get for way cheaper than the $32,900 they want. Only difference between the 14-15 is the front cap. Interior is the same. I'd offer $27,000 for the 14 25Y. Save yourself some big $$$.

FWIW we have the same exact floor plan in our NW Fox Mountain 235RLS. We've had our Fox for almost 2 years. Been out close to 100 nights and have around 10,000 miles on it. So far we're really happy with everything. We had a couple glitches early on but NW remedied those issues. Most were in the 1st month. Since then not any problems. QC is lacking a little as we've had to fix a couple things that they didn't do right at the factory. BTDT before so no biggie. We did replace the rear sofa with a recliner lover seat. Also replaced the booth with a free standing dinette. FYI it's really tight to walk between the counter and booth table when the slide is in. Not so with the free standing table we put in. All the cabinets are solid and we've had zero issues with them. Overall it's a solid well built trailer.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have the OutdoorsRV 250RDSW and if I were going to change, the AF 25Y would be my choice. Looks like a real nice floorplan. I plan on touring the factory this summer at the rally. Not sure if the QC is better on the AF's but was told it is. If you can get it OTD for < $30K, go for it. Take your first vacation with it near La Grande Or and plan a day at the factory for warranty work.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:14 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agape2 View Post
We are about to become a first time TT owner. We are considering purchasing a 2015 25Y Artic Fox TT from Apache RV Ctr in Everett Washington listed price $35,995 if purchased by 12-31-14 price $32,200. What's are the pros and com's of Artic fox.

How much would you offer?
Anyone dealt with this dealership?
We have owned two Arctic Foxes. We would have bought a 25W (or Y) but they didn't meet all our criteria. One was that we must be able to walk from one end of the rig to the other with the slide not extended. I think they failed on that count. The WR 250 RDSW met all our requirements. As far as quality, I find no difference between the Arctic Fox and Wind River.

I really can't comment on price, I am not current on such things.

As far as the biggest "con" for an Arctic Fox, it's remembering the correct spelling of Arctic...

Be sure and give the OutdoorsRVs a close look. But you get a great rig with either.

Let us know what you drive home with!

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Apache is good people and easy to work with. We usually deal directly with the owner Lisa. We have purchased 5 trailers from them over the years and they have always taken care of us. If I remember right, the standard in the RV industry is 15-20 percent off MSRP. You can always call the factory to get the MSRP as well. We have owned 3 fox's and they are good trailers. I would negotiate the price then at the very end tell them to throw in an Equalizer brand hitch. You will be very happy with the Equalizer brand hitch vs the bar and chain models. One other thought, take a day and go to camping world in Burlington for all your RV items. Apache parts department is pricy.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:49 PM   #8

I purchased from Apache in Portland and they were great. I bought a Nash and it is exactly what we wanted. My daughter bought a KZ from them last month. Good deal and great experience. In my opinion Airstream is # 1 and Arctic Fox is next in line. On my trailer I upgraded many components because they all build to a price point and I wanted higher quality in some areas. Both of us have had zero problems, except for the ones we caused ourselves. I also recommend the Equalizer hitch. One of the best.
Go with the Fox!
Old 01-29-2015, 12:18 AM   #9

Thanks we decided to purchase a Timberridge 15 240rks from Apache Camping Center. Karl the manager was great just like you said they would be.

Wold you recommend buying the Protective Assets Protection plan?
Old 01-29-2015, 06:36 AM   #10

Nice trailer! I rarely buy extended protection plans. You've purchased a trailer from one of the better companies and you probably don't need the plan unless it will keep you from worrying too much. It's hard to comment on a plan without knowing the cost of the plan and what it covers.
Enjoy your new rig!
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:42 AM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agape2 View Post
Thanks we decided to purchase a Timberridge 15 240rks from Apache Camping Center. Karl the manager was great just like you said they would be.

Wold you recommend buying the Protective Assets Protection plan?
We love our Timber Ridge 240RKS. Perfect floor plan for us.

It is tongue heavy though. Last time I weighed it was 1130# (with 2 batteries). That makes it a good, stable tow, but your truck needs the payload to handle it.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:38 AM   #12

Call $cott Foreman, at $umner RV, WA. Note: There are new 2014 and new 2015s that are not the newest models. Important - However the 2015 in the upgraded model has the cathedral ceiling and new front cap. We researched and spent 2 yrs coming to the decision of a new model AF and Sumner RV. Best prices. and great staff. Tks, D