Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2007, 09:48 AM   #15

The brakes on the left side have been replaced and the axles are still running very hot. In fact, the lugs nuts are smok'in hot, which should not be the case correct? Should I feel any heat on the lug nuts? After speaking with a different repair shop, they recommended that the drums be turned, which has not been done. That advise seems logical to me, would you agree?

2003 Dodge 2500 Hemi, 2000 Arctic Fox 26J, Equal-izer Hitch, Jordon 2020.
Jeff Giannina is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2007, 12:39 PM   #16

The Drums were turned, my bad... Not sure what to think now....

Old 06-19-2007, 10:00 AM   #17

Do they get hot just driving down the road with minimal braking? Or are you having lots of stop and go? The side that's cool may not even be working, they should be warm to the touch. Sounds like the brakes are too tight on the left side or are hanging up. Good luck. JR
2003 Dodge Crew Cab, 4X4, Ca. Cummins, Limited slip, 3.73, 48re, T-Rex nerf bars, Rhino Liner, B&W Turnover Ball, B&W Companion, Prodigy. 2005 Wildcat 29BHBP, 1987 HR Aluma-Lite XL 35', 1500W inverter, 3 solar panels, 3 furnaces, 4 Golf Cart Batteri
robertsonthego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:08 PM   #18

Well I think the problem is finally fixed. They replaced the backing plate and the hubs were nice and cool after a 40 minute drive. I had my rig at Les Schwab everyday last week and they were extremely nice and professional. I will be making another camping run this weekend for my final evaluation. Thanks to everyone that has replied, what a great forum this is!

Old 08-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #19

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I had my rig at Les Schwab everyday last week and they were extremely nice and professional.! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

professional !!!! Repairs on critical components such as brakes by trial and error parts replacement is certainly NOT PROFESSIONAL. You could have killed someone or your family because they did not know what the H3ll they were doing.

Give an infinite number of monkey's an infinite number of workstations and you will eventually get a inteligable word. That does not make the monkeys professional writers. It just means it was lucky.

After the 2nd or third try they should have sent you to a repair shop that is experienced in trailer brakes at their expense to remidy the problem. That would have been professional. You are lucky the 3 stooges got lucky.
shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:06 AM   #20

Shooter,

I agree repairs of this type are very important, but at no time did I endanger myself, my family or anyone else. For you to make such a statement without being present is ridiculous.