Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2014, 07:10 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t
Auxiliary propane hose

See where people run the gas bbq off the trailer tanks. Any suggestions on tapping in to the main line or other source.
Thanks
Mike
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2014, 07:22 PM   #2

You have to find all the right threaded adapters and add a tee with a quick connect and shut off.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:34 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t
Thanks jes. Ill try Camping World.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:15 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This is one way, connects between the tank and regulator.
Amazon.com: Camco 59103 Propane Brass Tee with 3 Port and 12' Hose: Automotive

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:59 PM   #5

Thanks ch. ill do some looking at that. Seems what I need.
Mike
Old 09-25-2014, 12:16 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
used to be Marshall Gas made a product called Extend-a-flow

Today I think it's called a "Stay A While" and my Mr Heater.
Stay A While Deluxe - Mr. Heater F273734 - Propane Hoses and Adapters - Camping World
Old 09-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #7

I use this...
Coleman Distribution Tree - Walmart.com

Makes it nice if you use a lantern.
slanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #8

You may already have a gas line to the door side of your trailer with a cap on it. Mine does.
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetogo View Post
You may already have a gas line to the door side of your trailer with a cap on it. Mine does.
You are correct sir. not quite on the door side (its in the middle) but a very good option as I was worried about room with 3 port tee.
Thanks Mike
Old 09-25-2014, 03:56 PM   #10

Usually the pre run gas line on an RV is post regulator (or already regulated down for operational pressure). If you use a grill that has a regulator, it will be double regulated and not work properly.
If you need to tap the tank - pre regulator, Camping World and other places have a Y or T adapter that will let you hook up at the tank. A longer hose will probably be necessary to place grill away from the tanks. Camping World or your local hardware store should have whatever adapters and hoses you need to configure your necessary setup.
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #11

So much info from everyone is so appreciated. I have decided to add an extra 3/8" pipe o come out by the frame of the T/T to connect to the BBQ ( Which the higher class trailers already have) So now I need to be directed in the right direction for the plumbing.
Thanks again
Mike
Old 09-26-2014, 07:05 AM   #12

Your local LP supplier (mom n pop ,not national chain) can help you with this project.
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFlcamper View Post
If you use a grill that has a regulator, it will be double regulated and not work properly.

Certainly sounds logical and I should know that... but never gave it a moments thought when I installed my grill.

It feeds off the regulated supply on my unit from the factory installed QD outlet and my grill has its own regulator as well. I've been using it with no hiccups for 2 years now, works perfectly.

I guess it really comes down to the regulator settings. as long a the secondary regulator is set lower than the primary regulator it should flow.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:48 PM   #14

Confusing. Talked to the owner of Propane Warehouse about and told him about running a 2nd pipe to use on outdoor BBQ. He said wont work that way. RVs are low pressure ( the regulator ) BBQs are high pressure (no regulator) To work on a BBQ it must be installed before the regulator. I guess??

Tags
propane