Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #1

Awning question

Just bought an rv and the awning fabric is torn but the awning itself works. Now i've found replacement fabric for $150 thats the correct size but if i went about 2ft shorter its only $50. Would this be ok to have slightly shorter fabric?
dcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Don't know that I would call 2ft "slightly" shorter, but whether or not it would work OK depends on your original setup. I presume you are talking about how far the awning would extend? If you can extend the torn awning, mark where 2 feet shorter would be, retract the awning to that point, and see how that would work/how you would like it. Awning arms vary in style and function, and some would work well at various extension lengths while others would not.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #3

I'm actually referring to the width. Sorry I should have specified that
Old 11-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #4

Other than possibly looking a bit strange, I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work. IMO another $100 is worth the extra width.
rumrunnerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Shorter width would work much better thsn shorter length. You could center it, or put closer to one end of the roller tube. It might look a bit odd when extended to those who notice the extra roller, but if it works for you, so what?
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #6

It will look weird but it will work. Done plenty of fabrics, and length does not hurt.
It COULD I guess as the poly rod is supposed to be hooked onto the ends of the roller tube, but that's it.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #7

I appreciate the help. I know the normal width would look better but heck for $50 I don't care lol

Tags
awning