Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-05-2014, 05:57 AM   #1
Awning Repair

Hello All

I know this is not the correct place to post this, but sure it will be moved there. After having no luck locally , looking for a replacement 18 ft Dometic/A&E roller tube, or a 2 ft. piece of one to repair mine from this !!! Found the whole tube online, but the shipping !!!!!!!. I think with a piece to replace the crimped part, i can splice it back together ( i'm fairly crafty)

Anyone can help ?????
Many Thanks Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AWNING DAMAGE 7-12-14 004.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	330.4 KB
ID:	69970  

rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2014, 06:08 AM   #2
Water is heavy! No? Keep looking and try craigslist, you can get a longer one and cut it easier then splicing two together.

RayJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:06 AM   #3

Anyone with a short piece ? I can work with that. Got to get the fabric off the bent tube now. But think no problem .

Old 08-05-2014, 07:19 AM   #4

After getting that same surprise on our brand new fifth wheel, I never again had support poles at equal heights; always a slope to allow easy draining....and a sharper eye on the sky
Rick and Sandy
2003 American Eagle, 46K miles
...from Sept 2015
bamaboy473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:23 AM   #5
I had one side lower than the other, but , obviously, not enough !!!
Old 08-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #6
You need a tube and a fabric; the fabric is pinched in the tube and you'll never get out.

Bet your hardware is broken/bent. You might as well or a new fabric roller tube asy., and a new set of hardware.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:08 PM   #7
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Awning tube

Did you try the RV lots? I needed a small part for my old trailer and went to two RV dealer lots and they showed me the junk pile. Couldn't find what I needed but there were lots of tubes in those piles.
"We were not placed on this earth to see through one another, but rather to see one another through!"
2013 Timber Ridge 260RLS, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:52 PM   #8
My question is how did you get her home?
fvstringpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #9
Used a 2x4 i had in the truck bed and pushed it up to make it straight enough to roll up. If that didn't work i was prepared to cut it off.

awning, repair