Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2016, 07:31 PM   #15

Could never back a trailer to save my life. Then someone told me "put the palm of one hand at 6 O'clock on the wheel. If you want the trailer to go left, palm the wheel to the left (clockwise), want it to go the the right, palm it to the right (counter clockwise).

Didn't help my depth perception much, but it certainly got me going in the right direction each time.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2016, 07:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
Could never back a trailer to save my life. Then someone told me "put the palm of one hand at 6 O'clock on the wheel. If you want the trailer to go left, palm the wheel to the left (clockwise), want it to go the the right, palm it to the right (counter clockwise).

Didn't help my depth perception much, but it certainly got me going in the right direction each time.
There is some truth to that but try backing a hay baler with a loaded hay wagon hooked to the baler that way. Everything is backwards.
Lynn

Old 05-02-2016, 07:59 PM   #17

http://youtu.be/fyQlRR56t-o
Old 05-04-2016, 03:51 PM   #18

i will be here