Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2016, 09:24 PM   #1

Bad experiences

Is there a forum that people can express their bad experiences?

It would be nice to help other people avoid the same issues or at least ask questions before using the services....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2016, 09:26 PM   #2

I would think the general conversation forum.

Old 04-16-2016, 10:00 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There is a site for RV service reviews where you can post about your good or bad experiences.

RV Service Reviews

There is also a site for campground reviews other than the IRV2 campground review above.

RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks

Is that what you are looking for?

You can also post your comments here.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:32 AM   #4

I had my rv in to repair 3 panels from a mistake where I wasnt paying attention and clipped a concrete post. I was told it would be about 1500 to fix so I put thru my insurance. Well, once Risco had my rv they turned it into an almost 8000 dollar job! They even put hub caps on one side of the trailer where there were never any and when I asked was told the ins company required them. The insurance co never said that so they padded the bill every possible way. Now if that wasnt enough they never checked to make sure the seal was good around the slideout and water got in and destroyed my dinette! They blamed it on me and said it was there already and then tried to put it thru the ins!

Since we had a major rain storm at the time they had the rv they should have checked to make sure there were no issues as at least a courtesy to their customers.....

They cheated me and the ins and they refuse to take responsibility for their screw up!

Im holding back the town and state and when for the moment. I will post it later.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGuy1966 View Post
I had my rv in to repair 3 panels from a mistake where I wasnt paying attention and clipped a concrete post. I was told it would be about 1500 to fix so I put thru my insurance. Well, once Risco had my rv they turned it into an almost 8000 dollar job! They even put hub caps on one side of the trailer where there were never any and when I asked was told the ins company required them. The insurance co never said that so they padded the bill every possible way. Now if that wasnt enough they never checked to make sure the seal was good around the slideout and water got in and destroyed my dinette! They blamed it on me and said it was there already and then tried to put it thru the ins!

Since we had a major rain storm at the time they had the rv they should have checked to make sure there were no issues as at least a courtesy to their customers.....

They cheated me and the ins and they refuse to take responsibility for their screw up!

Im holding back the town and state and when for the moment. I will post it later.

1st, if you received a written quote that stated $1,500 for the repair, most states don't allow them to charge more than generally $10% over the quoted price unless the increase is approved by the owner, and/or by the insurance company.

2) The hubcaps and any additional work is an easy fix, you show them a pic of the coach/camper prior to the damage, and one after and ask that the additional "work" be removed from your bill.

3) On the water damage . . . now it gets tricky. If the seal around the slide was damaged and leaked when you dropped it off, they can claim, (justly so) that you should have warned them, so the damage is probably on you. HOWEVER, you may have an avenue to use if they cannot prove that the slide was required to be left out when not being worked on, or if you can show that the seal is good, but they didn't fully extend the slide. Either way, a before and after pic should suffice to have the insurance company pay for any water damage under your existing policy.

4) A legitimate gripe like this, if backed up with fact carries little weight with me unless you provide the name and location of the repair shop. Without that information, members don't know whom to avoid when it comes to requesting repair work. I have never been concerned with people threatening to sue me for defamation or slander as I am very careful to post only the facts that I have paperwork to back up. I ran into this situation once, and a repair shop started to get nasty with on an insurance claim after I made several damaging statements about their repairs. They threatened to forward it to the "authorities" and possibly pursue legal action. I informed them that the "authorities" already had the information, and provided the State Insurance Commissioners case number, as well as the information on the report I had made to the NTSB on their unsafe reports so they could provide factual rebuttals to the information I had submitted. End result, they didn't get paid, their "work" was corrected at another shop, correctly, and at a lower cost . . .

Document, document, document! Have you facts down, present a clear and concise case to the insurance company, get them involved and move on!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:12 AM   #6

Not sure if you looking for sales or repairs.

The one sale point I can tell you is do your homework yourself on
your TV towing ability. Don't ask or depend on what the sales
will tell you. Ask questions and read other experiences. Most
sales will tell you almost anything.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:09 PM   #7

A lot of us are retired and we like have a positive attitude each day. Life is too short to concentrate on negatives. With RV's or any other manufactured product there will always be problems. We have a choice as to how we react to problems. Stay positive and remember all will be ok.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:27 PM   #8

Sorry it took so long to respond. I think its time to tell my side of the issue to help you better understand why I was so vague:

I side swiped my trailer at a campground last year on the gate. The damage was so minor that I thought it would be a few bux. I took it to Risco in Lakewood, nj and was so surprised to find that they wanted over 4 grand at first and then when the adjuster looked at it the price doubled to over 7 grand! Well, I paid my deductible and they went to work. Well, 8 grand later I get my TT back and there is water damage! When they had the slideout open they never checked when they closed it to make sure the seal was tight all around and it rained a few days. Since I picked it up on a weekend the place was closed and I couldn't get in touch with anyone so I took a few pictures to show them when I could. As luck would have it my two year old Grandchild decided to turn photo stream off on my phone and lost all my photos. I explained the situation and I was told they would not cover anything and that I was trying to get something fixed that was already damaged. I can tell you there is nothing I can do without the photos which I am still working with Apple on trying to retrieve but it does not look good. So, I'm stuck with the damage which when I went over the seal discovered that there was enough dirt built up to prevent the seal from seating properly but These people never checked to make sure it was sealed and I cannot Imagine they didn't see the puddle but just ignored it. Now, I cannot prove they were negligent at the moment but If I get the photo it will have the GPS coordinates and the date and time it was taken showing the puddle I found when I entered the RV in their parking lot. If they had just tried to work with me instead of accusing me of being deceitful I could have retained some type of business relationship. To show you how nickel and dime these people are they installed hub caps on the side of the trailer that was repaired, This RV never had hub caps and there was no damage to the wheels of any kind. When I asked them why they put them there they state the insurance co. required them. My agent stated absolutely not! but this is the nonsense I dealt with. The damage was only a few pieces of siding and I should of just fixed it myself. I'm not concerned about any retaliation as I will be happy to tell my side to a judge if they decide to respond. My individual experience with this company was horrible and they were very nasty, unhelpful and was quick to contact the insurance company each time they thought they could sneak something else into the claim. I was very quick when I realized what they were up to and called my agent to alert her of the false additions they were trying to add on to the claim. I will repair the damage myself and will only cost about 200 for the parts that I am getting from another dealer that is working with me to get them from Crossroads. If they would have checked to make sure the slide out was seated correctly and could have alerted me before hand which would have taken any responsibility and put it on me but they couldn't be bothered to build a long time customer. As for the water damage and the seal, I should have added that this RV has never leaked, ever! I had no idea and if it was caught in time the water would have never soaked into the kitchenette bench seat. I am in the customer service business and I would never treat a customer like that ever... lesson learned and of course buyer beware, yada yada.. I'm not saying that anyone should never go there for service or products but my experience was horrible and I will never use them again. I am still working with my insurance company to go over every item on the list to make sure it was needed.