Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2018, 06:09 PM   #1

Battery brands

Hello there! Wondering what brand batteries you fellow campers are putting in your travel trailers. Looking for suggestions. Thanks in advance!
lockjaw79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2018, 06:28 AM   #2

Most batteries are made by 4 different companies... so I look at it this way, buy batteries that can be serviced by common retail outlets.

With that said... Diehard AGM's for the boat, Interstate Batteries for the diesel truck, Deka for the tractor and a "best buy" deep cycle battery for the trailer... if you travel for a few weeks at a time like the average person. If you're an off road, out in the woods, no electric, battery dependent type traveler then ... folks swear by having 2 large 6V batteries in series giving you 12V.

If you're really hard core you can have Lithium batteries built that are completely safe, will not burn up or cause problems, but are extremely expensive.

Most travel trailers don't get somewhere by themselves so having good batteries is a must for your tow vehicle.

I like Interstate Batteries or Everstart from Wally World. Interstate batteries are common at tire places and repair shops.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:14 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Membership Warehouse Store batteries are fine if you take care of them properly. Google "12 volt side of life".
Old 03-28-2018, 10:32 AM   #4

I put a Lifeline AGM in ours, been happy with it so far.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:07 PM   #5

Costco's are Interstate
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:52 PM   #6

I've used the costco (interstate) in my RV (6) 6 volt golf cart batteries, and in my diesel PU, my cars, etc...

I have one, in a dump trailer that is now almost 15 years old.... just for safety sake this summer it gets a new battery....

What I like... is that with your membership # they know the purchase date and warranty information... and its the same for their tires...

No messing around with.... well, you didn't buy that tire from us even though they carry that brand, so we won't warranty it.... read TOYO's, Firestone, Goodyear.... but a short trip to the closest Costco, YEP it ours from 3 years ago and 2000 miles away... and we're going to take care of you....

Even if I pay more,,, that security is priceless.... even Discount tire gave me issues once.... what can I say... I'm sold...
Old 03-28-2018, 08:12 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Costco 6volt gc2s are $85 each. And they come with a 2 year free replacement no questions asked. Not prorated but full replacement.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery