Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2005, 05:53 PM   #1

Hi-
I just bought a 1997 24' Starcraft TT, I seem to have a power issue. When the TT is plugged in everything works just fine. When I unplug the cord everything goes out, lights etc. On the meter in the TT the battery shows fully charged, and the battery tests OK on a load tester....is the a fuse inline somewhere that could be blow or a switch off????
I would check the owners manual, but that is my second question, I didn't get a owners manual as it seems to be lost...does anyone know where I could get a replacement?

Thanks in advance for your help
JB
joebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2005, 05:53 PM   #2

Hi-
I just bought a 1997 24' Starcraft TT, I seem to have a power issue. When the TT is plugged in everything works just fine. When I unplug the cord everything goes out, lights etc. On the meter in the TT the battery shows fully charged, and the battery tests OK on a load tester....is the a fuse inline somewhere that could be blow or a switch off????
I would check the owners manual, but that is my second question, I didn't get a owners manual as it seems to be lost...does anyone know where I could get a replacement?

Thanks in advance for your help
JB
joebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 01:55 AM   #3

joebell, welcome to the forums!
Essentially you're saying you've got good 12vdc when plugged into shore power, but no 12vdc when unplugged... -Check near your battery compartment or main door for a 'power' on/off switch. It sounds like your converter is providing the 12vdc when you're plugged in, but your batteries are unable to give 12vdc out when you're unplugged. Generally there's a solenoid (some have fuses) in the area of the battery; the solenoid could be bad, but I'd look first for the switch that makes the solenoid 'click'.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:04 AM   #4

You have about the same symptoms I have with my Sunny Brook. My circuit breaker is in a metal junction box located on the front cross member of the trailer frame. It is accessed by crawling under the trailer. It has two screws holding the metal cover on. The circuit breaker has a plastic pin about 1/8 inch long sticking out of it and it has to be shoved in to reset it. If you have trouble finding it send me a E mail and I will try to copy the picture out of my manual and send it to you.
Sonny
RGL38@msn.com
Old 08-18-2005, 04:56 PM   #5

speaking of circuit breaker in the front mounted to frame, is it possible this could be installed upside down. We have had battery problems since we bought our trailer, going through two a year. When I was looking at it today it said bat and Aux, except the wire from the actual battery was going to the aux screw/post and the rest of the wires were going to the battery screw/post.
What do you think?
imgrubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 05:19 AM   #6

Don't worry about the polarity of the circuit breaker, it doesn't matter how it's hooked up. Of course I would have to change it if it was backwards cause I'm kinda anal about those things. Some of the C.B.s are auto reseting, no push button. To check them you will need either an ohm meter or volt meter. If you use the ohm meter, disconnect the power feed and measure the resistance between the two posts, it is important there is no power there, if the reading is close to 0 (within a couple hundred ohms) it's good, if it reads more than that, time to replace. With a volt meter, make sure you have power feeding the c.b. then read across the posts. If you show voltage the c.b. is open (not what you want), if it shows 0 then it's good. Good luck. John
2003 Dodge Crew Cab, 4X4, Ca. Cummins, Limited slip, 3.73, 48re, T-Rex nerf bars, Rhino Liner, B&W Turnover Ball, B&W Companion, Prodigy. 2005 Wildcat 29BHBP, 1987 HR Aluma-Lite XL 35', 1500W inverter, 3 solar panels, 3 furnaces, 4 Golf Cart Batteri
robertsonthego is offline   Reply With Quote