Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-13-2015, 09:33 PM   #1
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Bedroom Reading Lights

I like to read in bed, usually not a problem with my lighted Kindle, but occasionally I like a real book. Since we've traded the motorhome for a pull trailer, I've lost my reading light. There is a light overhead but it's the same as all the ceiling lights, not good for reading. Has anyone else had the problem and how did you solve it??? I'd like a flexible led light on each side of the bed, is this possible?

Rick and Ann
Central Illinois
2013 Keystone Passport Ultra Lite 23RB
calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2015, 10:58 PM   #2
Is there an outlet? Saw some little reading lights at IKEA. Very lightweight and it's wall mounted.

2006 Chevy Avalanche
2016 Cougar 21rbswe
Pacific Northwest
3luvpups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:20 AM   #3
Yup, we have the same problem, we have opted for battery powered lights like the puck style that provide local light but don't light up the room. Watching this thread for better solutions!
2016 3500 6.7L DRW
2010 Starcraft 329BHU TT
bjlakatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:48 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Our Winnebago TT came with these:

Compass Adjustable LED Reading Light, Screw Mount - ITC 69923S-N13K-D - Light Fixtures - Camping World

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ultralite-33bhsl-bedroom.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	106891  
Harold and Cynde
2013 F150 S/C 4x4 Ecoboost, 2014 Winnebago UltraLite, Chasing trains where ever we are.

sd75mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:19 PM   #5
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Had it in my sticks and bricks, Orderd an RV type lamp (there are many different styles you can get) and put in a 12 volt system.

in your case that is basically what I'd do, put in a 12 volt line and wire in a lamp.. or put in a battery operated LED reading lamp.. There are many LED lights that can be houng on a wall like that battery operated As Seen On TV light bulb (Anywhere light)
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:57 PM   #6
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Thanks for the feedback. I do have an outlet on my side of the bed, none on hubby's side. The Camping World light looks interesting, but it's only 4" long, sounds on the short side??? I think I might look into flexible led lights made for sewing machines and mount it about 20" above my pillow on the closet wall. Will post a pic when I decide and get one installed.
Rick and Ann
Central Illinois
2013 Keystone Passport Ultra Lite 23RB
calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:29 PM   #7
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I love my rechargeable Ott Light from Lowes

Shop OttLite 19-in Adjustable White Desk Lamp with Plastic Shade at Lowes.com

and my LED lamp from Home Depot
Hampton Bay 14 in. Oil Rubbed Bronze LED Desk Lamp with Highlights-19181-000 - The Home Depot

2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH, 2015 Ram1/2 ton Hemi
lgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote

light, lights