Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2015, 08:04 PM   #15

The OP is certainly "disgruntled" - He has posted the same thing on many forums. I will admit, I gave up on reading the entire post. Just wonder if he ever made any warranty claims or any attempt to work with the manufacturer. Guess I can count myself lucky that I've had only one warranty claim out of the 5 TT's I've owned. I probably could have fixed it myself but I was feeling lazy that day.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2015, 03:16 AM   #16

This OP sounds like he bought a practice trailer for the factory QC department, and instead it got sold with no walk thru or PDI being done. I wonder if the Tow rig was equally as faulty from its factory? What a list!

Old 12-24-2015, 07:55 PM   #17

The Evergreen is made of composite material. When I looked at the composite super lite trailers I did notice screws seen to work their way out. I really wanted to buy a trailer with Azdel but saw it was kinda flimsy. I looked at a Skyline with screws laying on the floor or part way out. I can not believe it left the factory that way so I figure it happened during the vibration from the trailer being towed.

My non Azdel trailer will even need things tightened every 1,000 miles or so of towing.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:08 PM   #18

It is interesting that the OP has never returned after 5 days to tell us what help he got from the dealer or manufacturer for his problems. He did the same thing on RV.NET. This somewhat invalidates the rant in my mind.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 02:54 PM   #19

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird65 View Post
It is interesting that the OP has never returned after 5 days to tell us what help he got from the dealer or manufacturer for his problems. He did the same thing on RV.NET. This somewhat invalidates the rant in my mind.
I always find those things to be hard to figure, too. One has to wonder whether to give credence to something that's splattered everywhere with no follow-up at all.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 03:56 PM   #20

Probably a salesman for SOB dealer across town and is hoping to persuade anyone form buying an EverLite TT.
Old 12-25-2015, 08:03 PM   #21

"Probably a salesman for SOB dealer across town and is hoping to persuade anyone form buying an EverLite TT." Could be, or it could be just one of those people who think they can buy something that is absolutely perfect for next to nothing. Most of us understand that nothing made by people will be perfect, and the RV industry seems to be worse than average in that respect.

Some dealers spend quite a bit of time (time = money) getting the coaches they sell in shape once the factory delivers the "kit" to the dealership. Of course they charge more, but their customers get more.

As for the idea that the OP may be a competitor, I wonder if one of the mods could figure out who this person is, or at least where he is from. Might be interesting to know.
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 11:03 PM   #22

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I think the OP is gone. Perhaps it's time to just ignore this thread and let it fall off the pages.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 11:15 AM   #23

Some readers of this post are sympathetic and some are critical as expected. The truth is that I was a nave trusting buyer of a new travel trailer from an unknown manufacturer. I expected sound design and workmanship but received neither. Most of the items listed, I fixed by myself, except the Schwintek slideout. Schwintek slideout system is good only for small rooms like a bedroom ward, but when it fails, it self destructs.

Bottom line is that the trailer is a lemon and the manufacturer ignored my appeal to negotiate a resolution. So the sole intent of this post is to inform potential new customers of our experience, which I do not wish on anyone. Each reader will draw his or her own conclusion.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:22 AM   #24

Sorry for your troubles. But another thread on here that's up to 45 pages had already convinced me to not buy anything by Evergreen. It was a thread about the Bay Hill. Evergreen seems to have some really nice looking trailers but their QC is horrible.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:36 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
After reading many posts at this forum about slide-out troubles (by many manufacturers), they reinforced my decision not to get a RV with any. I look at them as "something else to go wrong."

Hope you get a satisfactory resolution to your product defects.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:08 PM   #26

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Good to see the OP is back,
It does look like you got more than your fare share of issues with your TT. If you fix some and the dealer fixes the ones you can't, you will end up with a TT you can use and you'll know it inside and out. It's a real bummer to pay the bucks these things cost and still have to work on it to make it right.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 09:02 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
Good to see the OP is back,
It does look like you got more than your fare share of issues with your TT. If you fix some and the dealer fixes the ones you can't, you will end up with a TT you can use and you'll know it inside and out. It's a real bummer to pay the bucks these things cost and still have to work on it to make it right.
I'm in complete agreement with what you said.

Travel-life thanks for getting back with us and I wish you the best with your trailer what ever you decide to do with it. Fortunately we have only a tiny fraction of the problems that you have experienced. Winnebago makes a great product.

Ken
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 12:24 PM   #28

Jayco Owners Club
Sorry for your troubles... It's unfortunate that the RV industry gets away with stuff like this. On the other hand, I do read reports from folks like Big Bird that are very happy with their trailers. I've been looking really hard for about a year and honestly... EVERY brand has it's problems. Just when I think I've found a brand that's a little better, I read a rant from someone that has a list like yours... It's the whole industry... and it's a shame.

schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evergreen, everlite, travel, travel trailer