Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #1

BEST Travel Trailer Brands

I am in the midst of purchasing my first travel trailer. I have done a boat load of research. Long term, my plan is to purchase a new tow vehicle and 5er. For now, I am looking at travel trailers that my 1/2 ton will pull comfortably. I am most concerned that I purchase a very good quality trailer. I am leaning toward an Artic Fox 22gq. Feel free to offer any comments or advice. I am all ears!

Thanks in advance.
jpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #2

Great choice IMHO. Other than a some niggle first year issues mine was a great trailer.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #3

You couldn't pick a better TT. I wish we had gotten one now.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:10 AM   #4

Kudos to Arctic Fox. I've never paid much attention to them but after watching this video I can say that for a 50k sticker price, Ive never seen one company put this much thought into a unit.

The trashcan set up is great. Lots of exterior storage and access. Nice shower.
The only thing I don't like is the curtain on the way to the bedroom as I'd rather see a pocket door.

EnolaEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:15 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
AF is a great chioce for a TT.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #6

Hey, thanks! I appreciate your responses. Looking forward to the adventure.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good choice, we had a 19B until we went to the motorhome side. (moderator edit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpriest View Post
I am in the midst of purchasing my first travel trailer. I have done a boat load of research. Long term, my plan is to purchase a new tow vehicle and 5er. For now, I am looking at travel trailers that my 1/2 ton will pull comfortably. I am most concerned that I purchase a very good quality trailer. I am leaning toward an Artic Fox 22gq. Feel free to offer any comments or advice. I am all ears!

Thanks in advance.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #8

I have an AF 25R. Came from a 21' Bigfoot with no regrets. Like my AF. I leave for SE Alaska in two days with it.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #9

Best travel trailer

I almost bought a Dutchmen TT but ended up buying a Keystone Sprinter 34 footer. My wife and I really like the quality of the interior, the overall lay out (similar to a 5er) and it has a king size bed that is in a slide out that makes it an ACTUAL room with a closet, dresser and hamper. I am sure we will find somethings wrong as we start travelling with it but we are really happy with the purchase.
ezspdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
We love our Arctic Fox. We're in our 2010 25S at this very moment. We are 4 weeks into a 6 week trip. They are great trailers.

When we first got into RVing we bought a 16 ft Nash (Nash is the cheaper version of AF's manufacturer). We liked it but wanted something bigger. So our dealer did a swap for an Arctic Fox 22H. It was perfect and we used it for 8 years.

We decided to upgrade 2 years ago and ordered our 25S from Thunder RV. They are located in the same town as Northwood. We have a dealer within 90 miles of our home but he wouldn't give us a good price and he wanted $4,000 to deliver the trailer. Thunder gave us a great price over the phone and I went to pick it up myself saving $2800.

All in all the 2 AF Trailers and one Nash have been fantastic. You don't see a lot of them but every owner I've spoken with has said the same thing as me about their AF.

Oh, and when we sold the 2002 AF 22H it sold on Craigslist at full asking price in one day.

We've only had one problem and the factory took care of it and we were out of warranty, too. No problems or hassles. In general ours have never had any repairs.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
We love our Arctic Fox. We're in our 2010 25S at this very moment. We are 4 weeks into a 6 week trip. They are great trailers.

When we first got into RVing we bought a 16 ft Nash (Nash is the cheaper version of AF's manufacturer). We liked it but wanted something bigger. So our dealer did a swap for an Arctic Fox 22H. It was perfect and we used it for 8 years.

We decided to upgrade 2 years ago and ordered our 25S from Thunder RV. They are located in the same town as Northwood. We have a dealer within 90 miles of our home but he wouldn't give us a good price and he wanted $4,000 to deliver the trailer. Thunder gave us a great price over the phone and I went to pick it up myself saving $2800.

All in all the 2 AF Trailers and one Nash have been fantastic. You don't see a lot of them but every owner I've spoken with has said the same thing as me about their AF.

Oh, and when we sold the 2002 AF 22H it sold on Craigslist at full asking price in one day.

We've only had one problem and the factory took care of it and we were out of warranty, too. No problems or hassles. In general ours have never had any repairs.

Thanks for the input! I hope to pick my 22G up this coming month. Really looking forward to it!

Tags
travel