Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #1

best way to get bugs off

TT was covered in mosquitoes (there were THAT many of them) after the last trip. after an hour on a ladder and about 6 bounce sheets later it is clean again but now the love bugs are out i have decided that i will just have to wash it as soon as i get to the campsite (heading to VA next weekend, 600 miles of LOVEBUGS!!!) but looking for any tips. wax didnt seem to make a difference...

2015 Open Range 288flr
hawk232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk232 View Post
TT was covered in mosquitoes (there were THAT many of them) after the last trip. after an hour on a ladder and about 6 bounce sheets later it is clean again but now the love bugs are out i have decided that i will just have to wash it as soon as i get to the campsite (heading to VA next weekend, 600 miles of LOVEBUGS!!!) but looking for any tips. wax didnt seem to make a difference...

Although I usually go with dryer sheets and elbow grease, my neighbor swears these work great:

The Love Bug Eraser - Best Way to Clean Love Bugs off Cars
Old 05-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #3

Soak a bath towel in ice water a few minutes then hold it on your motorhome and the bugs will come off very easy.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay37QSB View Post
Soak a bath towel in ice water a few minutes then hold it on your motorhome and the bugs will come off very easy.
either that or my hands will be numb and wont be tired of rubbing because i wont feel them! seems like a win win!!

2015 Open Range 288flr
Old 05-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #5

After you get the whole rig clean. I put two coats of Plege on the front of the rig. Makes it easy to get the bugs off. I did that for twelve years.
genecusano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff_28602
After you wash the TT spray a light coat of WD-40 on it. Bugs will wash off easy!
Jeff_28602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #7

i did consider wd40 but was afraid of discoloration. did you have any issues with it?

what about the pledge? any other issues with that?

2015 Open Range 288flr
Old 05-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #8

what about a clear protective film? Paint Protection Film - Protective Film for Cars | PRO-TECT FILM Las Vegas I have never tried it but had a buddy install the stuff on may cars. Not sure what brand he used but this was a quick link I found for some film. Not sure what brand is best but maybe a local body shop may have more info on a good film to use.
jamesrxx951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We use Rejex for the whole motor home. Usually one application will last a year but we apply it in the spring and fall. Before trips we give the front (including the windshield and mirrors) a fresh application to insure that the bugs will wash off easy.

RejeX

We purchase it by the gallon to make it cheaper and then transfer it to smaller squeeze bottles to make it easier to handle. Properly stored it will last for 2 years. We also use it on our cars.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote