Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2019, 08:52 PM   #1

Best way to sell a near new travel trailer?

I have a 2 yr old Winnebago Minnie Plus 27bhss in excellent condition. I love the camper, but just won't get to use it much over the next year or two. I just started my own business, have a new boat and my kids are at ages that we have much more fun going out on the boat than taking the camper on trips. We've had a great time with it, and will own another RV down the road. Just don't want this one to sit and waste. I'd rather it be used and me get the money out of it while it's still almost new and in great condition. How do you sell these things? Online forum like this, rvtrader, craigslist, or consignment at an RV sales dealership? I know I'd have to pay the RV lot, but the thought of having to show it over and over to tire kickers isn't very appealing to me, considering the new business and kids in sports all spring and summer. I got a really good deal on the camper, so don't think I'll take a huge loss on it. Just want to list it where it will sell this spring and someone can start enjoying it. It's a great camper and a great layout. Any suggestions are appreciated. I'm in Georgia, if that matters any.
Mayberry32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2019, 09:07 PM   #2

We've used RVT.com and Craigslist with success in the past. Good luck!
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:22 AM   #3

RVTrader, RVT, and don't overlook Facebook marketplace.
Dropthejacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:40 AM   #4

Wanted Winnie Minnie

Please see this iRV2 thread.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 06:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persistent View Post
Please see this iRV2 thread.
I used the search function and I can't find that thread here. Do you happen to have a link? Thanks!
Old 02-09-2019, 06:49 AM   #6

We have sold several on craigslist of various ages and got fair offers.
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:00 AM   #7

missing link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry32 View Post
I used the search function and I can't find that thread here. Do you happen to have a link? Thanks!
Sorry, I lost the link also. There was another OP asking how to sell a Minni.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:07 AM   #8

OP says he doesn't want to do showings. I think that only leaves consignment or sale to these guys that advertise "We Buy RVs".
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:32 AM   #9

How much, on average, do I have to pay someone to sell it on consignment? If it's not too much and avoids all the showings, plus gets more exposure, it could be worth it.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:04 PM   #10

Expect to pay at least 10% and up to 25% for consignment. I chose to save the consignment fees and sell my TT and RV on Craigslist. I priced them good and sold them both within 2 days. Only showed each one once at the local Sheriff's Dept. Cash sales. Nobody came to my house. The Sheriff's office encourages locals to complete Craigslist sales here because the entire property is covered by cameras.
BarabooBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:17 PM   #11

Kind of a longshot, but I had our Tioga MH on Craigslist for $41k I think it was. I had a local used car guy call me up and asked if he could see it. He came out and looked at it, and wanted to know if he could put it on his lot because he knew a guy that may be interested in it.

So I drove it over there and left it. He wanted to know what my bottom dollar was for it, I told him $38k, anything over that he can keep. He called me a day later and said he sold it for $45k! So, I didn't have to deal with tire kickers beating me down on price, he made a great profit and the new owner loved it. Everybody was happy.
Nevadastars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:28 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Just be aware, once you post it especially on Craigslist, you will get scams and also consignment companies "claiming" they have a buyer for it, but you need to send them $399 to post it on their database. The last 3 RV's I have sold one on Ebay, one thru Craigslist and one received a very good trade in price price for...
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry32 View Post
I have a 2 yr old Winnebago Minnie Plus 27bhss in excellent condition. I love the camper, but just won't get to use it much over the next year or two. I just started my own business, have a new boat and my kids are at ages that we have much more fun going out on the boat than taking the camper on trips. We've had a great time with it, and will own another RV down the road. Just don't want this one to sit and waste. I'd rather it be used and me get the money out of it while it's still almost new and in great condition. How do you sell these things? Online forum like this, rvtrader, craigslist, or consignment at an RV sales dealership? I know I'd have to pay the RV lot, but the thought of having to show it over and over to tire kickers isn't very appealing to me, considering the new business and kids in sports all spring and summer. I got a really good deal on the camper, so don't think I'll take a huge loss on it. Just want to list it where it will sell this spring and someone can start enjoying it. It's a great camper and a great layout. Any suggestions are appreciated. I'm in Georgia, if that matters any.
Exactly the trailer the wife and I want, unfortunately we aren't quite ready.
cdoorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:23 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
we sold on Craigslist

I posted it in 3 areas ( North, South & Central Florida)

Personally, I would not leave it anywhere for consignment, short of someone I really knew.

Tags
sell, trailer, travel, travel trailer