Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2019, 02:56 PM   #15

Wow! I would be VERY interested in a 21RD equivalent Lance! I'm shy of slides but really like a lot of the Lance features. In the meantime, I'll keep dreaming about a new Bigfoot 25RQ.
billyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2019, 03:34 PM   #16

We don't have a Bigfoot trailer, but currently own a 3000 series truck slide in camper. Love the quality and build. We have had a Bigfoot camper all our married life and finally have the big one. They hold their value, when we sold our 2500 series last year we sold it for more than we originally paid, $4000 more, lol.
Rubirose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 04:04 AM   #17

We just bought a new Big Foot 25RQ. We had been researching Air Stream trailers and went a number of times to inspect the AS, but the aluminum skin they currently buy from Alcoa is soft and thin and dents much more easily than the pre Thor models. This is not to say anything negative about Thor, the Al sheets from Alcoa are the only ones available to AS.

We were ready to buy a new AS when I noticed BF is now being offered through a couple of dealers east of the Mississippi River. All of the negatives of the AS were addressed in the BF. After we carefully inspected it, we bought it Feb 19, 2019, on the spot. I have been modifying it and have yet to take it camping so can't help you there. By modifying I mean adding a MaxxAir vent, WDH, sewer hose storage, checking that the brakes are adjusted correctly, that sort of thing. I like to do these things myself rather than have the dealership do it. It also has resulted in me poking around in places on the trailer that would not normally be the case. Even the hidden wiring is carefully and neatly laid out, no tangle mess of wires in this trailer.

This is the best built trailer I have encountered, bar none. I own a Casita and have been using it for the last several years. It is too small. I have taken plant tours of the Oliver, Escape, Lance, and Airstream manufacturing facilities. I have inspected and considered Arctic Fox and Outdoor RV products. I sold RV's for a year or so after I retired, just for fun.

I have an OEM 17' awning on the trailer. I have yet to install the Onan generator, although the trailer came prepped for the generator. Had I ordered the trailer I would order with the onboard LP 2500 watt Onan generator. It has 2 LP tanks at 30lbs each. It has the front cargo box. This trailer, although much heavier, longer and wider than the Casita, actually pulls much better. So much so that many BF owners don't use a WDH, although I will.

It is expensive, if you want a deal, buy one from the BF dealer closest
to the plant in Canada. I bought mine in Georgia.

If you have specific questions I will try to respond.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer