Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2015, 09:11 PM   #15

Odorlus product in both, problem solved.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2015, 06:04 AM   #16

I always try to fill and dump twice after setup.

If I don't, I always find a bit of an odor....

then a dump before I leave.....

a lot of work but worth it.
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:32 AM   #17

To me, common sense, semi-solid material produced wet and let dry, hardens, keep it wet ( if left in tank ) stays soft. I rest my case !
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:46 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
Anybody used this product. The manufacturing claims it's a probiotic formula to digest the material. It suppose to be a better alternative.
Tank Teck Rx.
Their from Phoenix and I believe they do a lot of work removing the dreaded black tank "PYRAMID".
Comments please!

Coops👃🏻🚽
We started using it about a month ago. So far it has worked great. Time will tell.
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:47 AM   #19
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
We started using it about a month ago. So far it has worked great. Time will tell.

Thanks for the feedback.....that's the type of comments I was looking for.
Pro or con.

Much appreciated.
Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:00 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
I always dump the black, back flush with system ( if no one is behind me), add 3-4 gallons of clean water. And on this website, learned to add about 1/4 cup of Pinesol. Like the results.....and it smells real nice for quite awhile afterward.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:39 AM   #21

Im new to the trailer life, first trip out guy beside me was giving me some tips, I asked what he used in his black tank. He told me a 85 y/o retired Dr. told him to dump tanks, run in about 3-5 gal water in each tank, and add abiut 1/8 - 1/4 cup of Original Dawn dish washing liquid in each tank. Sloshing of soapy water cleans tanks as you drive. He said ge tried it, and that it works great, and he's been using Dawn ever since, and nothing else !
maxjr758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:04 PM   #22

I myself throw some bleach in there when I winterize to keep the stink down even though I dumped it twice before winterizing.

during the season I start with a clean tank from the previous trip where I dumped twice before leaving and leave a few gallons of water with a drop in sanitizer.

havent had any stink yet....and my sensor works like the day I bought the TT.
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:09 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
Thanks for the feedback.....that's the type of comments I was looking for.
Pro or con.

Much appreciated.
Coops
It is a good comment, but not near enough information.

You need to ask him what his system was like "before" he started using that stuff and what was his procedure in keeping the tanks odor free, sensors working, and dumping freely.

Maybe his tanks are acting the same as before he started using it.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:04 PM   #24
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanerd View Post
It is a good comment, but not near enough information.

You need to ask him what his system was like "before" he started using that stuff and what was his procedure in keeping the tanks odor free, sensors working, and dumping freely.

Maybe his tanks are acting the same as before he started using it.

Ron
Ron...you just asked the question?....thanks
Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Whoever had our Magna first didn't take care of the black tank so now the gauge reads ¼ full right after emptying so I'm going to have to take care of that. The sensors are on the outside of the tank so they're not covered with TP either. Just haven't had a chance to get to a full hook up site long enough to really flush the tank out. Have all the parts to make a flushing wand and the toilet is right over the tank too.
Mr D, try this product as directed. I had the same issue when I first bought my DS. I thought the sensors were out of calibration or no good until I used this product and everything came back into place. Since then, I have used the regular Happy Campers and have no plans to switch. It is the most economical you will find and does the job.

http://www.amazon.com/EXTREME-CLEANE...=Happy+Campers
Old 06-05-2015, 05:05 AM   #26

Have seen many positive posst on Happy Camper toilet chem., we have always used ( with good luck, at least no odor ) the drop in bags, mainly because of the convenience. Is the Happy Camper product that much better to justifie having to measure , add, and stir ???
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:34 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here are a couple of things- I don't use either one but they look good.

All Pro Water Flow

And this too:

puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:45 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Have seen many positive posst on Happy Camper toilet chem., we have always used ( with good luck, at least no odor ) the drop in bags, mainly because of the convenience. Is the Happy Camper product that much better to justifie having to measure , add, and stir ???
We started using Happy Camper holding tank treatment, not the Extreme cleaner last fall. After dumping the tank we just fill the bowl and put in one scoop (included in the plastic tub) and if necessary clean the bowl with a regular toilet brush then flush, fill and flush again. That easy and works. We used to use liquid boat tank treatment from West Marine because it seemed to work but measuring liquid was a PIA and it was easy to spill. I don't see us using anything other than Happy Camper now.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank