Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2015, 10:54 PM   #1
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Black and grey tank additives

Anybody used this product. The manufacturing claims it's a probiotic formula to digest the material. It suppose to be a better alternative.
Tank Teck Rx.
Their from Phoenix and I believe they do a lot of work removing the dreaded black tank "PYRAMID".
Comments please!

Coops👃🏻🚽
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	94718  

Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2015, 11:06 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I'm waiting for them to come out with 'Tank Teck Rx HD' !

Old 05-20-2015, 02:45 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My thought is that it is a gimmick. Your black tank won't be full long enough for the waste to be digested. Anything that keeps the smell in check gets my vote. Right now that is the typical blue pillow. Works fine.

Getting rid of the black tank pyramid is as simple as putting sufficient water in the black tank before the next use. If you have a few gallons of water in there the pyramid won't form unless you have a valve leak.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:25 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tank management is the key to not having the pyramid. We just use the pillow for odor.
The grey tank we just drain when needed, never had an odor problem with it.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:44 PM   #5

Don't use any chemicals in either tank. Use the black tank flush after draining the tank as often as possible. I flush the tank the same time the grey is draining. Takes virtually no extra time. Zero smells.

Trailer we had before had the Black tank flush on the opposite side as the drains. PITA to do it. Had smells with that one. Been using the flush on this one since new and like I said zero smells.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
Don't use any chemicals in either tank. Use the black tank flush after draining the tank as often as possible. I flush the tank the same time the grey is draining. Takes virtually no extra time. Zero smells.
Trailer we had before had the Black tank flush on the opposite side as the drains. PITA to do it. Had smells with that one. Been using the flush on this one since new and like I said zero smells.
I've been using only water and a cap-full of liquid Rid-X for 14 years, (in BOTH waste tanks).
Mel
'96 Safari, 140k miles
Old 05-20-2015, 10:53 PM   #7

I agree with everything said and :Never leave tanks empty

And I travel with lightly flushed black tank and three bowls of water dumped in the tank.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:58 PM   #8

I agree with everything said and :Never leave tanks empty

And I travel with lightly flushed black tank ( bacteria is your friend)and three bowls of water dumped in the tank... the sloshing while traveling usually breaks up any clunkers. In storage water is always in tanks...always always
Old 05-20-2015, 11:23 PM   #9

I have found that if I dump, fill up with fresh water, dump, fill up, dump and then add a half cup of bleach and then fill up with a quarter of the water its fine unitl the next time I go camping. the additives when I use them never work for me. I always come back to a stinky trailer or when I do use the comode for the first time the smell almost gags me.

anyone else have a ritual?
Old 05-21-2015, 01:03 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
My trailer smells have virtually gone away this year. Nothing new going into the tank. Replaced the old Thetford commode for a new Dometic porcelain pot. No more smells. The Thetford apparenlty had a little seal leak at the back of the valve which allowed sewer gases to enter the trailer. The new Dometic doesn't have that problem. AND, it is easier to clean to boot.
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:17 AM   #11

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Whoever had our Magna first didn't take care of the black tank so now the gauge reads full right after emptying so I'm going to have to take care of that. The sensors are on the outside of the tank so they're not covered with TP either. Just haven't had a chance to get to a full hook up site long enough to really flush the tank out. Have all the parts to make a flushing wand and the toilet is right over the tank too.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:23 AM   #12

Since I started using Thetford Campa Chem liquid holding tank deodorant, I haven't had any tank odors.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:29 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I always put some water back into the black tank after dumping . Just driving around dissolves anything solid in the black tank .
Unfortunately I have been behind some of the folks that dump , refill and dump again. Other than wasting time and water it does no good. Put water in the black tank and drive to your next destination, problem solved.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:14 AM   #14

fabric softener works.

it sloshes around while you drive...

Tags
tank