Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #1

Black Stone By Outdoors RV

We finally took delivery of our 2014 Black Stone 280RLSB on 11-22-13. We actually ordered a 2013 last may. The hitch is a Husky Center line, like the way the trailer handled. Our first trip will be 550 miles to So. Ca. for about two & half months. It is mostly 4 lane freeway, some windy areas with one mountain area with steep grades both directions so I should get a feel how it handles.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has a Black Stone, or any Outdoor RV trailer and their experiences.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #2

Not sure I can help, but that is a nice looking Rv. Congrats....

Old 12-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #3

I have an outdoorsrv back country and tow it all over alaska which has lots of mountain roads with my ram 1500 and it does great
Old 12-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have a 2014 Outdoors RV Wind River 250RDSW. We got it at the beginning of this spring. It was one of the first 2014's off the production line in the new facility.

So far I've towed it about 3,500 miles and spent 33 nights in it. It has been a great trailer. Tows very well without any issues. We had several warranty claims on small issues like frayed carpet, bent window screen, shower door frame ding. All were taken care of without any fuss.

For us, the Outdoors RV line was the "Arctic Fox" quality but with all the current technology that Arctic Fox didn't offer. The frames are built on the same line and the quality is quite comparable between the two except with Outdoors RV you get LED everything standard, electric tongue and stab jacks standard etc...

We are very happy with our choice.

Darren
Old 12-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmandt View Post
I have a 2014 Outdoors RV Wind River 250RDSW. We got it at the beginning of this spring. It was one of the first 2014's off the production line in the new facility.

So far I've towed it about 3,500 miles and spent 33 nights in it. It has been a great trailer. Tows very well without any issues. We had several warranty claims on small issues like frayed carpet, bent window screen, shower door frame ding. All were taken care of without any fuss.

For us, the Outdoors RV line was the "Arctic Fox" quality but with all the current technology that Arctic Fox didn't offer. The frames are built on the same line and the quality is quite comparable between the two except with Outdoors RV you get LED everything standard, electric tongue and stab jacks standard etc...

We are very happy with our choice.

Darren
We ordered a 2013, got a 2014 and it has features on it that are an upgrade from the 2013, which we like.

The Black Stone is 36' long and it towed very well, even in strong winds, backs up nice too. We are making a list of what needs fixin, nothing major so far. The LED lights have their advantages but we prefer the incandescent bulbs. The front bedroom is dark, the two overhead LED lights are not enough to brighten up the room, needed a flash light to see what I was doing when I was adding shoe containers on the bed box.

Our living room slide is carpet, with a about a 8" carpet strip (lower then the slide) separating it from the no carpeted floor. The finished edge of the carpet on the slide is poorly "finished" and I think it will start fraying. Is your 250RDSW similar?
Old 12-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #6

We currently have a Fox Mountain 5'er but if we ever go back to a TT it will be either an OutdoorsRV or Northwoods product.
They have their issues like any other brand, but they have enough better features that out weigh the little stuff. In house built frames designed for a specific model is one. As well as the 4 season features. Both are built in our home state so any major issues can be dealt with easier. Blackstone's are really nice TT's, hope you enjoy the upcoming camping season.

FWIW what are you towing it with?
Old 12-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1010 View Post
We ordered a 2013, got a 2014 and it has features on it that are an upgrade from the 2013, which we like.

The Black Stone is 36' long and it towed very well, even in strong winds, backs up nice too. We are making a list of what needs fixin, nothing major so far. The LED lights have their advantages but we prefer the incandescent bulbs. The front bedroom is dark, the two overhead LED lights are not enough to brighten up the room, needed a flash light to see what I was doing when I was adding shoe containers on the bed box.

Our living room slide is carpet, with a about a 8" carpet strip (lower then the slide) separating it from the no carpeted floor. The finished edge of the carpet on the slide is poorly "finished" and I think it will start fraying. Is your 250RDSW similar?
The finished edge on our carpet slide seems ok. I didn't notice anything different than the usual there. It didn't stick out as being substandard but I'll take a peek next time I'm at the storage facility.

Our bedroom is lit fairly well, we have 4 LEDs in the ceiling and a skylight along with the fan which allows light in. At night it is fairly good lighting as well. It would be easy to add a couple more puck LED lights in the bedroom if you wanted to. Cheap to do and it is 12 volt.

We also added two sconce lights on either side of the bed. They are battery powered LED and add great night lighting. My wife tends to go a bit overboard.

You can kind of see the carpet edging in this pic
Old 12-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #8

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
We currently have a Fox Mountain 5'er but if we ever go back to a TT it will be either an OutdoorsRV or Northwoods product.
They have their issues like any other brand, but they have enough better features that out weigh the little stuff. In house built frames designed for a specific model is one. As well as the 4 season features. Both are built in our home state so any major issues can be dealt with easier. Blackstone's are really nice TT's, hope you enjoy the upcoming camping season.

FWIW what are you towing it with?
Tow vehicle is a 2002 Ford F 250 Diesel extra cab 4x4

We are enjoying the Black Stone, we are living in it for two & half months, our "fix it" list for Outdoor's RV is growing, we will take it in and hopefully our camping season will be trouble free.

Tags
door