Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #1

Black tank rinser???

I'm thinking about buying and installing a Tornado tank rinser. Do they work? On a scale of 1-10 (easiest being a 1) How easy to install?
dhenning is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #2

Installed one in our last 24' M/H. Looked at for more than a week before I had the nerve to drill a hole in the black water tank. Followed the instructions, took a deep breath & pulled the trigger on the drill. Installed it worked great, & solved the problem of bringing a dirty hose in the RV. The directions want you to install the unit in the top 2" of the tank to work best. You will have to see if you can get to that part of the tank with a drill.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #3

I have a BIL who was a full-timer for years..and is now part-time for health reasons.......he knows about all there is to know about everything, and he says it's because he's made every mistake it RV'ing that it is possible to make..

He tells me he has installed them on his last units...and that they do work.

I saw another discussion where the poster said he hooked his up to a water hose when he first got the box shipped in.......and he felt the flow was a bit on the low side...so he drilled out each of the holes to make them a bit bigger.......I don't know if there is any downside to that....for instance, bigger holes mean bigger flow, but also less back pressure.......would that affect the way the rotor spins? I would want to answer that question before I drilled the holes bigger.
husk is offline   Reply With Quote