Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-12-2015, 02:38 AM   #15
Have you run the slide out half way and looked from inside and outside along the slideout wall, and then run it right out and had a look from underneath the slide. Is there a hatch on the inside of the slideout wall. According to code, that backflow valve has to be above the top of the tank by a certain height. Taking the belly cover off might not give access but I guess you might have to do it if all else fails.

Is there any access to the back of the HWS. If so might be able to see it from there.

Tony Lee - International Grey Nomad. Picasa Album - Travel Map
RVs. USA - Airstream Cutter; in Australia - MC8 40' DIY Coach conversion & OKA 4x4 MH; in Germany - Hobby Class C; in S America - F350 with 2500 10.6 Bigfoot camper
Tony Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2015, 09:38 PM   #16
I removed the access panel under the bathroom sink and didn't find any valves. Just the backside of my outdoor shower, tees for the sink, shower and outdoor shower hot and cold connections. There is a interior style vent just above the trap for the sink. Nothing else.

There is an access panel on the side of the shower tub, I'll check in there tomorrow.

On the outside where I see the leak I don't see any access panels on my slideout. The leak must originate above the frame somewhere. I have an extended warranty and plan to call to verify if this might be covered. If so, I'll probably take it in. Really hate going to the service bay with my TT, but I also don't feel like opening the underbelly and finding a huge, wet insulation mess...

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel 4X4 with Roadmaster Active Suspension, F350 1 3/16" rear sway bar, Bilstein shocks & steering damper.
2012 Sprinter 311BHS
jbenoit28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:02 PM   #17
I know it's been a long time but I finally unscrewed part of the underbelly on my RV and checked for a cracked hose. I was able to get my arm all the way up to where I thought it might have a hole and found nothing. I checked quite a ways up and down the frame and found nothing. I then jammed my arm back up and grabbed the hose. I had my wife turn on the hose and waited for the leak. After a couple of minutes nothing happened. We stopped and then tried again. The leaked started dripping this time and was right at the outside wall of the camper, but the inside edge if that makes sense? My guess now is that the fitting behind the wall where you connect the hose to the flushing kit is either loose or split right there. I'm not sure how to access this. On the outside of the camper the flange that mounts to my outer wall has three hex screws and the flange is sealed with silicone to the wall. I'm wondering if I cut the seal, then unscrew the flange would I be able to pull it off the wall a short distance and access the hose connected on the other side? Has any ever done this? The flush kit is OEM and one of my previous pictures shows it mounted on the fixed wall in between my slides. Any ideas?

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel 4X4 with Roadmaster Active Suspension, F350 1 3/16" rear sway bar, Bilstein shocks & steering damper.
2012 Sprinter 311BHS
jbenoit28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:27 PM   #18
I have had the hose connection to the tank cleaner leak especially with non-pressure regulated supply.

Chowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

leak, tank