Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2016, 10:31 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Ridex is a bio degrader. No harsh chemicals. The procedures I detailed worked for me with no damage to the system. My BT was as bad or worse than yours.

Hawk43
Hawk43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2016, 05:24 AM   #16

Talk about fearing #2, we stopped at a Camping World to dump once. Only once. Quickly after pulling the handle, their built in hose came loose from the fitting that twists on to the outlet. Thus the phrase stink pickle in the shoe.

I have adapted to not standing in the line of fire when pulling the big handle.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:23 AM   #17

For $69 you can get your own color camera that will look in there at Harbor Frieght
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:25 PM   #18

Adapters for black tank flushing

Here are some adapters for black tank flushing:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ack+tank+flush

I personally have used the Valterra unit and it works well.
whitefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:50 AM   #19

Try using one of these to back fill the tank...it may push through the clog...that being said be careful if you build up to much pressure you can pop the seal on these....had to fix mine once because I forgot to open the dump valve

The other suggestion is a good old fashion plumbers snake to break up the clog from the dump valve side. Be prepared to take poop bath if you try this however.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39062-F...ack+tank+flush

I used this every time I was done camping if I had full hook up.

Basically I agree with the others....keep filling it with water and draining hopefully you can clear our the tank. It may take some time.
Offcamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 12:15 PM   #20

If you get a couple baby pigs you can drop them down there. They'll just eat up that wall of poo in no time. Of course you'll have to figure out how to get out the pigs then. So forget that idea. Dung beetles maybe?
I like cleaning my tank via mechanical methods. Those high pressure spinning wand things work pretty well. My toilet dumps straight down into the black tank so the wand works very well on mine. The ridex works great. But it is not an over night fix. You can fill the tank with water and put a heavy dose of ridex in and let it sit a week and the poo mountain should be soft enough to break up.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:12 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
Try using one of these to back fill the tank...it may push through the clog...that being said be careful if you build up to much pressure you can pop the seal on these....had to fix mine once because I forgot to open the dump valve

The other suggestion is a good old fashion plumbers snake to break up the clog from the dump valve side. Be prepared to take poop bath if you try this however.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39062-F...ack+tank+flush

I used this every time I was done camping if I had full hook up.

Basically I agree with the others....keep filling it with water and draining hopefully you can clear our the tank. It may take some time.
I have that adapter and did use it. No success. Not enough pressure from a garden hose . Only filled up from the adapter to the tank . I had to call the plumber and he used a pressure washer. No wand just a jet on the end of the hose.
Repeated plunging up and down the outlet allowed 2-3" of sludge on the bottom of the tank to drain slowly. After about 45minutes of this a rag (towel) came out. 16"x 4" . it had decomposed quite a bit combined with the pressure wash blast breaking it up. Ran camera down toilet and that tank is so clean now pigs could eat out of it!

Tags
black tank, tank