Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2014, 05:31 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymark View Post
Not to mention it weighs a lot less than the Honda.

I think the boliy 3600 is 75lbs and honda eu2000i is 50. Are you saying a different honda weighs more than the boliy

ksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2014, 12:42 AM   #16

If you compare apples to apples. The EU3000is which can only give you 2800 watts continuous power weighs in at 130 lbs. To me that would be heavier....

Old 07-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
If you compare apples to apples. The EU3000is which can only give you 2800 watts continuous power weighs in at 130 lbs. To me that would be heavier....
Gotcha. I never looked at a 3000 watt genny but saw the 3600 boliy genny while searching for the 2000 watt generators.
Thank you
Old 07-25-2014, 04:57 PM   #18

If you do have a chance to try one I do recommend it. They seem to work well and the remote start is sure nice. Bang for your buck I would give it 9 out of 10.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
If you do have a chance to try one I do recommend it. They seem to work well and the remote start is sure nice. Bang for your buck I would give it 9 out of 10.
I am still concerned about 68db as it seems to be alot louder than the 58db in a smaller generator. I will probably never use a generator unless boonedocking but may use it in a truck stop or walmart.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:43 PM   #20

From the boily website. Shows 58db. But the smaller he sets would be quieter. I guess it depends on what you want for output. If you don't need the extra power the 2000 Honda would be the better choice. It would burn less gas and take up less room. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1406335236.289000.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	718.5 KB
ID:	69051
Old 07-25-2014, 08:26 PM   #21

Boliy inverter generators.

This is the link that I have for purchase. They also sell the electric start, and extended run versions that can attach to external fuel tanks.

http://bottomlinetrading.com/BOLIY.html
Old 07-25-2014, 08:36 PM   #22

Interesting comparison between Boliy and champion generators

http://bottomlinetrading.com/Boliy-vs-Champion.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1406338563.498967.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	456.3 KB
ID:	69052
Old 07-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #23

That is a good comparison. Honda has some good competition. The best part is the cost savings over the Honda. And of corse Honda will step up their game and progress will continue!
Old 08-30-2014, 04:16 PM   #24

Another consideration on the Boliy. I've had mine 3 years, had several minor problems, but nothing I couldn't handle, until recently. Inverter just started being unable to handle any sort of electrical load, and I don't know why. My local small engine/generator guy throws up his hands, and won't touch it. The problem with that is, I can't find anyone who can service the thing (I live in Washington state), closer than British Columbia, Canada or S. California. And I still haven't been able to find out if the dealer in S. CA actually services what I have. And if they do, that means I'm going to have to pay shipping both ways in addition to whatever costs are associated with fixing the thing.

My point - I like the inverter, very much appreciate the low weight, and it did exactly what they say it will do. But Boliy has nothing close to a dealer network, and that means if some problem crops up bigger than a bad gas cap gasket or a loose connection, unless you live in Canada or California/Texas, getting service is going to be a problem. A big problem.
Wellfooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellfooled View Post
Another consideration on the Boliy. I've had mine 3 years, had several minor problems, but nothing I couldn't handle, until recently. Inverter just started being unable to handle any sort of electrical load, and I don't know why. My local small engine/generator guy throws up his hands, and won't touch it. The problem with that is, I can't find anyone who can service the thing (I live in Washington state), closer than British Columbia, Canada or S. California. And I still haven't been able to find out if the dealer in S. CA actually services what I have. And if they do, that means I'm going to have to pay shipping both ways in addition to whatever costs are associated with fixing the thing.

My point - I like the inverter, very much appreciate the low weight, and it did exactly what they say it will do. But Boliy has nothing close to a dealer network, and that means if some problem crops up bigger than a bad gas cap gasket or a loose connection, unless you live in Canada or California/Texas, getting service is going to be a problem. A big problem.

Contact these folks to see if they can offer help with getting it serviced.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409437309.650641.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	72438
Old 08-30-2014, 05:26 PM   #26

Thanks Pasdad1, I've done just what you suggested. I had looked at their site several times, but hadn't found a phone number for them until your reply. Then I go to their website and it's all over the place. Go figure.
Wellfooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:53 PM   #27

Maybe try these guys. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409460741.077948.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	72473

They might be able to help. I do live in Canada and all I have to do is call my local Fleet Brake Dealer and they are happy to help me out.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:06 AM   #28
IC2

Quote:
Not to mention it weighs a lot less than the Honda.
Plus costs less

Mine ran pretty steadily 3 days through one of the East Coast hurricanes (Irene?) and provided plenty of house lighting as well as keeping the fridge from a melt down. I've neglected it by leaving old gas in it and it still starts (so far)