Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #1

Boliy inverter generators.

I am interested in the Boliy 3600 with the remote starter. I would like to get some feed back on the serviceability of the unit. As well as the performance, gas consumption and sound levels in real world environments. Not just test data. I am new to the RV world but I have done a lot of research over the past year. I also know that Honda is the most popular choice but I would like to see alternatives.
Polymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2014, 04:25 PM   #2

The next best is yamaha. My 2400 watt inverter is less noisy than my buddy honda 2000 watt inverter.

I am not sure of the one you are looking at. But if you are trying to find a good deal use Craigslist. I found mine for $500 with only 20hrs on it. Runs great.

Good luck.
Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #3

I have one that I used in my 5th wheel before I moved up to class A. It is a 3600 but doesn't have the remote, it is very quite and it puts out 3600 watts out put not like Yamaha or Honda. It also has a Yamaha motor but has German electronics witch puts out 3750 start up and 3600 run. Fuel consumption is not bad because it has what they call a eco mode that monitors the rpm with what you need to run. I still have it, run my house with it now.
ccrider, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:05 PM   #4

I will need enough power to supply a 13,500 btu AC unit and it would be nice to be able to watch TV at the same time. I also my my part to make sure I am as quiet as possible too. Things like shielding the generator so other do not get disturbed. I have looked at the Yamaha but the 3000 continuous watts of the Boliy, it is weighing in at 76 lbs, 58 DB and almost 1/3 of the price of the Honda makes it quite interesting. This particular unit would be ordered I for me but before I order it in I would like to see if the stats are legit or if there are other options.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrider, View Post
I have one that I used in my 5th wheel before I moved up to class A. It is a 3600 but doesn't have the remote, it is very quite and it puts out 3600 watts out put not like Yamaha or Honda. It also has a Yamaha motor but has German electronics witch puts out 3750 start up and 3600 run. Fuel consumption is not bad because it has what they call a eco mode that monitors the rpm with what you need to run. I still have it, run my house with it now.
That is good to hear. Thank you.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast0ne View Post
The next best is yamaha. My 2400 watt inverter is less noisy than my buddy honda 2000 watt inverter. I am not sure of the one you are looking at. But if you are trying to find a good deal use Craigslist. I found mine for $500 with only 20hrs on it. Runs great. Good luck.
I have looked at the Yamaha as well. They all seem like great products. The weight was a concern and I also looked at running twin 2000 but that does not meet CSA standards I will have a look in the online market too. Thank you.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:51 PM   #7

I bought a Boliy in June 2008. It is pull-start, the only model they sold back then. It has been dependable but for one time, when I didn't put "Stabil" in the tank and it sat for 4 months while we went to Alaska. I had to replace the carb, which cost $39 from that company, and is a simple bolt-on procedure, all the components are plug N play type. This genset has a continous output of 3,000W. When I first bought it I tested the output with our 5er. The Boliy would start and run a 15,500btu and 13,000btu roof air conditioner at the same time. I would never do this in real-time while camping though. Their add says it will run 4 hrs. on a tank(1G) of gas, and it will. I can still pick mine up and place in in the bed of my Chevy 4x4 dually without trouble, and I'm 72.
Oh, sound level. Their website is true. We can sit right beside ours and carry on a normal conversation without raising ones voice in eco-mode. With eco-mode off, we could do the same 10' away.
I kinda wish mine would die so I could justify buying a new 2014 model with electric, remote start. Back in 08 they sold for $800.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:42 PM   #8

I have no experience with the brand you mentioned but I've had a Yamaha for about 10 years now and it has never let me down. You get what you pay for. I had looked at many different brands and then narrowed it to Yamaha and Honda. I have found the Yamaha engines to be a little bit better and quieter then the Honda.
Matt1751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:28 PM   #9

Well I have to say, I am very impressed with the Boliy generator. It was the quietest one at the camp out. Although the Yamaha was very hard to hear as well. Both very good generators. But I must say there was a big surprise when I came to the weight! I helped the guy with the Yamaha load his up and when we turned around my wife had grabbed ours and put it on the tail gate of my 3/4 ton Dodge!

Weighing in at 76 lbs for a 3000 watt continuous generator is a very large advantage.

So far I am very impressed with the Boliy.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:34 PM   #10

Which model of bolli?
Old 05-14-2014, 06:40 AM   #11

It is the 3000 continuous DSP with the remote start system. I put am extra tank connection on it and works great. It gives me an extra 6 gallons of gas capacity.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:33 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymark View Post
It is the 3000 continuous DSP with the remote start system. I put am extra tank connection on it and works great. It gives me an extra 6 gallons of gas capacity.
I saw this online and would like to know if anyone has bought from this company. Looks like a very good generator for an rv.
http://store.boliygenerator.com/boli...ter-gener.html
w2drfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #13

I have had mine for a few months. I can honestly say that I am very happy. It is not quite as quiet as a Honda under a full load but it works great and is quiet.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #14

Not to mention it weighs a lot less than the Honda.