Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2016, 08:13 AM   #29

Bob1340 is correct. It will probably be in pieces or across the border by now.

Unfortunate but true. Hope your insurance company steps up quickly.

For everyone, it might be a good idea to take pics of all your contents for insurance purposes, theft or fire issues.

Wireman
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2016, 07:41 PM   #30

I too am sorry for your lose, and I agree with most of what everyone is saying (really all being said) and yes we're all in a frizzy but, we haven't heard from curb71 sense his(their) orginal post.
So what happened?
guestPacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:55 PM   #31

Sorry Curb71 missed your thanks to everyone.
Have they (state farm) assigned a claim agent to you ? Keep calling them
So you have to wait to see if they recover it? So who's to say if it's livable(not knowing what the thiefs did inside.
Good luck
Old 04-09-2016, 08:06 PM   #32

Hope you get it back. Many are just dragged off to the country and used as meth labs.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:02 AM   #33

When you bought the TT, did they offer GAP insurance
capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:15 PM   #34

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Theft is almost legal these days. Unless a death was involved...it's just low on the local police departments list. Had my own RV broken into last fall by two girls escaping from a car theft chase / crash (Volvo) two blocks away. They spent the night in my RV to patch up head injuries and steal cloths and shoes. After investigation, one is also wanted on arson charges to a house. Lucky they didn't burn down my RV. They had crashed out into a new car dealership totaling $150k in new cars.

I hope the OP'er gets full recovery. Somewhere these RV thefts will steal the wrong one and get shot !!!
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:21 PM   #35

My RV is about 50 miles away but after reading this I had to go check on her.....
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:35 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Theft is almost legal these days. Unless a death was involved...it's just low on the local police departments list. Had my own RV broken into last fall by two girls escaping from a car theft chase / crash (Volvo) two blocks away. They spent the night in my RV to patch up head injuries and steal cloths and shoes. After investigation, one is also wanted on arson charges to a house. Lucky they didn't burn down my RV. They had crashed out into a new car dealership totaling $150k in new cars.

I hope the OP'er gets full recovery. Somewhere these RV thefts will steal the wrong one and get shot !!!
So I'm picking up my new RV on the 30th April. I made sure that I put replacement cost insurance on it. I don't want to take any chances. Sure hope there is a good ending to this thread.
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:46 PM   #37

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
I'm the guy with more questions than answers sometimes.
I'd be interested in knowing how the insurance company handled this. Will they pay full purchase price? The TT is only a week old. How about sales tax? Do they reimburse you for that? How about licensing and title fees? Is there a waiting period before the company settles in hopes the stolen TT will be recovered?
I have a feeling the OP is in for a ride. I sure hope I'm wrong.
Please keep us informed.
Lynn
I had State Farm on a Ford F250 and got it ripped 13 days after purchase. Had to do a little work but they paid me full boat including the extras for the manuals I bought, a can of wax, and windshield shades.

All the OP has to do is stick to his guns and He wil get everything back.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:33 AM   #38

Keep calling no matter what they say
Old 04-11-2016, 05:39 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Somewhere these RV thefts will steal the wrong one and get shot !!!
That would be a TERRIBLE outcome! Do you have any idea how difficult it is to replace some types of ammunition these days?
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:58 AM   #40

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Somewhere these RV thefts will steal the wrong one and get shot !!!
Quote:
That would be a TERRIBLE outcome! Do you have any idea how difficult it is to replace some types of ammunition these days?
I'd get a new LARGER caliper weapon, if that was the case.

Many years ago, just after getting married we lived in a mobile home park. There was a bunch of petty theft going on (bikes, mowers, ladders). I had my suspicions of a punk kid at the heart of it. Well, a few week later, he stole from the wrong person, property owner shot him with get this "A bow & arrow".
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:12 AM   #41

Ours is parked at home, in our acre fenced back yard, with motion lights and well within range of 12 Ga, 9 mm, 45 acp , 7mm Remington !!!!

Don't worry, have plenty of ammo, a few rounds won't be missed ! Maybe just use some 12ga Bird Shot , if i'm in a good mood !! Got to be clear of the TT , of course !!!
Old 07-05-2016, 08:34 PM   #42

Figured I'd come back and finish the story...

So, 5 weeks after the trailer disappearing, lots of phone calls and paperwork, I finally got the insurance to cut a check. It took them even more time because they couldn't figure out a replacement cost since the trailer was brand new. The weren't sure of the depreciation amount which in my opinion there wasn't any. They ended up appraising the trailer at more than what I owed/bought it for and they cut the bank a check paying it off and paid about $2800 on top of that to me which pretty much paid for all the personal stuff I put in the trailer that I lost. The end, I thought...

The very next day I received a call from a detective asking who I was and why a trailer VIN was tied to my name. I explained I bought it and it was stolen. He said it's been recovered. I asked if I come and pick it up or what's the next step. He laughed and said, "You don't want this trailer. It's had a rough life." I told him it was a week old when it disappeared unused and has only been gone about 5 weeks. "It's been a rough 5 weeks then. No disrespect to you, but I'm only here to investigate a murder, that took place in this trailer." Turns out a crackhead stole the trailer and was living in it only about 5 miles away, cooking drugs in it, having sex in it, and then was murdered in it. I had to see it for myself so I went to LAPD's impound yard and sure enough everything that was in the trailer was gone. The door appeared to have been opened with a crow bar. A window was smashed. There was a gas mask and all types of drug paraphernalia, chains, even some [Moderator Edit]! Other than the VIN being correct it was hard to believe that was even the same trailer.

Fast forward to today. I just left Camping World with the same trailer. Different VIN of course but they agreed to just do the deal again. No BS. Same paperwork just with a different date and VIN. This time around I'll be storing it with a trailer tongue lock, battery disconnect, and at a RV storage facility with barbed wire fences and cameras all around. I'm looking forward to taking it out soon and having an interesting story to tell some other campers by the fire.
Curb71 is offline   Reply With Quote