Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-11-2015, 08:18 PM   #1
Buy or Pass on Due west camper

Anyone have any knowledge or experience on Due West TT's. Couldnt seem to find much online. This is around a 11,000 deal and wanted opinions before spending this much cash. It is almost the same as this one, but with the outdoor kitchen:

2010 Due West 31BHDS like new condition very nice

Any opinions or advice is appreciated.

Burnt_Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2015, 08:24 PM   #2
Its a heavy thing 8,250 dry, you have a large truck to pull this?

I have not heard of them myself but the layout looks nice. I do like the 2nd slideout.

Apparently it looks like they were in Nappanee, IN which I read have closed their doors. It would concern me if you need major parts in the future.

TT: Dutchmen 2014 261BHS
TV: Ram 3500 6.4 HEMI, 3.73 6ft bed 2014.
gazingm42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:24 AM   #3
Great info! I had read they had closed down and my guess is that is why it seems to be selling cheaper that some equivalent campers I have seen. The weight is higher than my estimate of 7 -7500 lbs. Ive got a 1ton DWD with a brake controller already installed that I pull with. Ive never been crazy about the stopping ability of this truck though and usually only pull around 5- 6000lbs with it but that was without trailer brakes. Thanks for that info. Anyone else have anything they are willing to share on the Due West Campers?
Old 06-15-2015, 02:57 PM   #4

Never heard of this brand, looks good from the pics. A 1ton should

pull this all day, made easier with a brake controller. Any info

from other owners or in general.???? Price looks good.???

sprayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 05:58 AM   #5
No didnt have any more info. I guess I procrastinated too long looks like it sold this past Sun. I think it prob was a good deal but I would have been paying all cash for it and I kept looking at my 08 pop - up thats paid for and thinking"It works" as we mostly just sleep in it, and I keep 11 grand in my pocket. Ill try to be patient, keep my head in Craigslist, and find another one eventually. No real rush I guess.