Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2014, 04:01 PM   #1

Exclamation Buyers Beware of Monaco & Holliday Rambler

In 2013 I bought a New Holiday Rambler Travel Trailer Model 207 S , soon I found that I had numerous Problems, The RCA TV was so cheap it could only be viewed from (1) Direction,Monaco said "but it Works so not Covered" and the Roof Antenna is a Directional Antenna,meaning that it will only pick up signal from (1) Direction Monaco calls that Acceptable. I guess it would be if the Trailer was on a Rotisserie.

Monaco the Parent Company of HR would do nothing, stating that is was cost of Build ratio, to cost of sale Price, Note this Trailer MSRP was North of 26K, then I had a Recall and a support bracket had to be mounted under the Water Tank, to do so they had to cut into the Plastic protective shield under the trailer, when I went to pick it up over a Month later( when it was ready) the tape they use had fallen of, they once again applied tape,Yesterday I found another cut that had been made unbeknown to me behind the rear Axel, and wires were hanging out, I got tape and repaired this myself. I was led to believe that HR made a quality Product, , but that has not been my experience, and the Customer Service and Warranty frankly stinks.

Monaco Bought HR , the quality might of been there prior, but sure isn't anymore. I Traded a Jayco, wish I had it Back.
As I was fixing the underbelly I found that the Axel s and frame are covered in Rust, this trailer has seen (2) short Trips. Everything that I have written here is verifiable. At this point I can only hope that this posting helps another unsuspecting buyer
BobbyTT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The best time to get out of a TT you don't like or want is ASAP. It's not going up in value. Sorry for your loss, but thanks for warning others.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:01 PM   #3

Well sorry for your issues but I have a 2013 holiday rambler 187qb. And I had a few small issues that were dealt with at the dealer. I also had the water tank recall which was done by the dealer and the removal the whole plastic under belly and reattached the whole panel with no issue.

I also just ran into another person this weekend with a 2012 207s and they had a few issues and was dealt with with no issue they also had the water tank recall and they had it fixed with no issues. Both mine and there's done at the same dealer.

I have used my antenna and had no issues. But there were not many channels. And if you are not happy with the RCA tv go get another and sell the RCA one. I mean every TT I see with factory tv suck.

I have towed our unit over 5000km and am still happy.

So first find a better dealer. Or get rid of it and go buy your jayco trailer and be happy. I have met over a handful of happy holiday rambler owners.

Maybe I should slag jayco after just seeing some friends brand new 27ft jayco TT. Which they have a 2 pages of issues that need to be fixed. And there issues are a lot worse than a bad tv which they did not get from factory. And they paid over 25 grand for there unit.
Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:57 AM   #4

Jason, My issue is not with the Dealer, it's with Monaco who refuse to stand behind thier sub-standard parts and poor quality Build, Let me add the Model is a Aluma-Lite 207S
BobbyTT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:25 AM   #5

The liner should have been removed. Dealer was lazy.
Had same style LCD in our $60k unit.
Replaced with larger LED of choice and same models in bedroom and LR, different size.
Those aerials are some of the most highly recommended. Had similar in our previous $70k unit.
Where is the beef on a $26k unit. Really.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:54 AM   #6

I know which unit you have maybe you should review what I all wrote in my statement.

All of these units have issues. It is all how the dealer handles the issue and problems. There was no call to cut and tape a under belly to fix a water tank strap recall. And you have not stated all the other issue except for a bad tv and not really sure with your issue with antenna. As far as rust goes it is more than likely surface rust which does happen. Or maybe they did not powder coat your frame that good.

All I am getting at is before shooting your mouth off about how bad your tralier is go look at some other units including your beloved jayco and you will see that it is all how the dealer handles the issue that counts.
Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco