Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2016, 10:49 AM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I think it's funny how they call it "delivery", just like when someone is getting a baby!

If you are new to towing, leave what seems like an egregious amount of room in front of you while driving until you get the hang of it, plan well ahead, keep looking up at the road ahead of you and not right in front of you, and remember to quickly check your mirrors fairly often to see how you are running down the lane, and you'll be fine. It's a skill, and if you already are a good driver, you'll pick it up quickly.

And then, it will be come FUN!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2016, 11:58 AM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
When the dealer PDI'd my TT they filled all the tanks, ran all the water, then dumped the tanks. Most of the issues that new TT's have could have been avoided at the mfg level.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:04 PM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix View Post
Thanks for the op for posting this thread and thanks for everyone for their 2c. I am picking my new TT on the 30th so I really appreciate the advice everyone gave.

I am nervous as hell as I have never owned a truck (which I pick up next week) nor pulled anything behind EVER. Great!! But I know I'm a fast learner (sometimes at a lot of cost lol)

Anyway, hope everything goes ok for the op too. Good luck and happy travels.
before you pick up the TT, find a large empty parking lot to practice backing up in. The best way to learn is to do it.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
I think it's funny how they call it "delivery", just like when someone is getting a baby!

If you are new to towing, leave what seems like an egregious amount of room in front of you while driving until you get the hang of it, plan well ahead, keep looking up at the road ahead of you and not right in front of you, and remember to quickly check your mirrors fairly often to see how you are running down the lane, and you'll be fine. It's a skill, and if you already are a good driver, you'll pick it up quickly.

And then, it will be come FUN!
Thanks bro. I drive always looking way ahead, not just the car in front. And because I drive high performance cars and I have a lead foot, I look way behind me too lol.

Yes, good to know as I have to get used to the stopping distance with such a big load behind me. And also that I'm not going to be able to accelerate as fast as I normally do to get out of tricky situations.

My only mental monster right now is that I worry about turning RIGHT!
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:20 PM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thread drift warning. Gonna talk about Right turns with a trailer.

You move to the left to turn right. I have a 24ish foot long trailer, and it tracks very well close behind the truck on turns. It needs maybe three or four feet to do it, and I can either get that on the road I'm turning from, or where I'm turning into, or a smaller chunk of both.

It's not very hard, and if you set the mirror up so you can see the wheels while you are right turning, you'll get the hang of it really quick.

Just remember, if you have to hit a curb, do it REALLY SLOWLY, then inspect the tire at your first good opportunity.

You're gonna have a lot of fun!
Old 04-08-2016, 01:36 PM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
OK and when backing, turn the TV wheels in the opposite direction you want the TT to go.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:27 PM   #21

Buying a new Trailer

Before I bought my current TT I went through camping world we made a deal and I paid the sales tax of the trailer as my deposit then the sales manager gave me a round around I put that to an end real quick I went else where I told the sales manager if my money wasn't back in my account by 4:59 the next day I'd be in his office by 5 I had my money by 9am the next day and will never deal with Cw again even the place I bought my TT from ended up a nightmare over a tv there all horrible and lucky i never had a an issue with mine since new to go back
rbleau6885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:33 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktn1966 View Post
Hello, not new to travel trailers but new to buy a new one from a dealer so a few question.

My PDI is Tuesday, when I show up and if the things aren't fixed or the extras installed what is my recourse? I have my own financing and have only put 500 down. If I am unhappy with the service or they have not completed my add ons can I just walk away, do I get my deposit back, can I get the things out of the trailer that are mine that they are installing (such as battery and memory foam bed that I dropped off last week to be installed before PDI)?

The trailer is a Nash 23D from Apache camping in Oregon. I have no reason to believe they are going to leave me hanging but I don't want to be shuffling my feet while they come up with excuses.

Kip
TT: 2016 Northwood Nash 23D
TV: 2003 F350 6.0l Powerstroke Bullet Proofed
You bought a nash, everything will be fine.
I bought my nash 25c last summer, it took a few trips down some bumpy roads to shake out all the sawdust.
The only downfall to owning a nash is, the tt is heavy.
However pulling it with a diesal truck makes it easy.
I love my nash, the quality is top notch.
And its nice to NOT have to put everything back together when you get where your going.
My old tt, i would remove the bathroom door before every trip, that sucker would come loose after every time...good luck..
boondockonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 06:15 AM   #23

Picking up NEW TT May 21

I have gained a lot of knowledge from this thread, Thank you! We are doing our walk thur in 3 weeks and have a question. As I am not a fan of "Dealers" at all except at the Black Jack table I am leery. We have received a "list" of needed items to buy when we pick it up. One item on the list is a sewer hose. Really... I can not believe that wouldn't be standard equipment on a new TT. Did anyone else need to purchase this extra? We purchased a Keystone Bullet 220 rbi. We don't know what we are pulling it with yet, that will be this weeks purchase.
LJCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 01:00 PM   #24

I have purchased 4 trailers from Apache in Portland. They are one of the best dealers you will ever deal with. Their staff is experienced and always go out of their way to help. Yes a Nash is heavier but also much more durable than lightweights. The lighter you go the worse you are normally.
Follow up with any problem that occurs before your warranty runs out. The normal quality that all trailers have will ensure that problems happen over time. Arctic Fox and Nash are two of the best but still have issues.
Good luck!
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:24 PM   #25

My experience with new delivery is that the items included are junk. I would purchase a quality sewer hose and good quality hoses, etc. I would get a good water filter, canister type, and also a good water pressure gauge and a 90 degree connector for the side of your trailer.
I would look at the Sewer Solution as a good alternative to the standard slinky. They are a mess to deal with. Just got back from a week trip and the guy next to me had three slinkys hooked together and when he had to unhook them the real fun began. He is going to make the change as a result of seeing my set up. My younger brother made fun of me and now he has changed as a result of several accidental big leaks. What a mess. A good surge protector from Precision Industries would be a good purchase, get the one that is hard wired, much better. I could go on but you will gradually add new items that make you travels easier.
Enjoy your new trailer.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 03:29 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJCamper View Post
I have gained a lot of knowledge from this thread, Thank you! We are doing our walk thur in 3 weeks and have a question. As I am not a fan of "Dealers" at all except at the Black Jack table I am leery. We have received a "list" of needed items to buy when we pick it up. One item on the list is a sewer hose. Really... I can not believe that wouldn't be standard equipment on a new TT. Did anyone else need to purchase this extra? We purchased a Keystone Bullet 220 rbi. We don't know what we are pulling it with yet, that will be this weeks purchase.
A dealer may include a sewer hose but if they do they are crap. Trailers don't come with them because if you've owned trailers you already have one. In fact they generally don't come with much. Our first dealer didn't include anything but did fill the propane tanks. Our 2nd dealer included a cheap sewer hose, drinking water hose and some toilet chemical but wouldn't fill the propane tanks and I didn't need any of that stuff as I already had it.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:05 PM   #27

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Buy a Rhino hose. They expand and contract nicely, they are not very expensive, they seem to be pretty tough, treat it nicely, and don't' drive over it. This stuff ain't rocket science.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:36 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
Buy a Rhino hose. They expand and contract nicely, they are not very expensive, they seem to be pretty tough, treat it nicely, and don't' drive over it. This stuff ain't rocket science.
Quick question. .. why don't RV accessories manufacturers and RV manufacturers talk to one another?

My Rhino sewer hose doesn't fit in the sewer hose storage hole in my rv!
Wth!!!
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote