Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2014, 09:31 PM   #1

Buying a TT

Am looking at buying my first TT. It is a Nash 23B and will be ordered as I need options not available on the lot.

My question is - is there a rule of thumb for the initial price offer? Where do I start the negotiation? I've heard various estimates of the markup but don't know what's real. Would really appreciate some help so I don't get thrown off the lot!

LIBERATED LTV LIBERO
Timblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2014, 05:55 AM   #2

Good morning. We bought a Nash 24M last spring at the RV show & love it. The cabinets aren't as 'thick' as the Arctic Fox but we didn't want to pay the Arctic Fox price. Before we bought out TT, I'd read on various forums that you should pay 10-20% less than invoice.

I don't know what your add-ons are but they come with pretty much everything you need except for thermal pane windows. I just did a quick check online & a 2014 23B with thermal pane windows is selling for $19,995/MSRP $27,210. There's a 2013 in Casper, WY with thermal pane windows for $25,531. They'll never sell it at that price. I certainly can't tell you where to start but hope these numbers help.

Remember that this is the end of the model year & it won't be long before the 2015's will be on the lot. That should give you some bargaining power as well. I would assume that you can still negotiate a price even though you're adding items.

Enjoy your new TT. Northwood builds a good product & many people here in the NW own them.
JimnDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #3

Thanks

Thanks for the price info. I'm adding a generator, a couch, and a couple of other things. I've heard that you can bargain quite a percentage off the top but don't know where to start.
Timblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 05:59 PM   #4

As a general buying statement, you are going to have an easier time getting a better deal on what is "current inventory" on the lot. Buying a special order lets the dealer know the sale is in the bag already unless there is another dealer close by.
I would ask about what model year they are selling you. RVs come next model year in the Spring already, meaning that 2015s will already be "left-overs". So if you are looking for Spring delivery, ask when/if 2016s are available.
Good luck.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:28 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Do you want to play hardball? I would say start at 30% off MSRP and be prepared to walk out, you can always come back. Remember, it's the golden rule, them with the gold make the rules. You have the gold. Just don't be in a hurry, the last Nash has yet to be made. The phrase, lets split the difference is a good one to remember. Nothing the salesman says means a thing till it's in writing.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:07 AM   #6

LA Gulf Coast Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
Do you want to play hardball? I would say start at 30% off MSRP and be prepared to walk out, you can always come back. Remember, it's the golden rule, them with the gold make the rules. You have the gold. Just don't be in a hurry, the last Nash has yet to be made. The phrase, lets split the difference is a good one to remember. Nothing the salesman says means a thing till it's in writing.
This is good advice, also find the rig you want at a dealer anywhere. Get a quote emailed to you. Take that quote to your local dealer and ask for a price match.

Only difference is the mileage to the other dealer and the value of local service in the after sale. Good advice to not Special Order. You will pay full freight if you do.
\\
Make your list of MUST HAVE and NICE if Possible... be ready to search a bit. Also,, consider buying a pre-owned. MANY people, buy a rig, head South and decide the RV life is not for them. Check used in RVTRADER.