Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2015, 08:33 AM   #15

You can tell a it's a Keystone when you look at the back wall. It's always wavy. There's a Camping World right by the freeway south of me. When driving by you can spot the Keystones as the rears are all wavy. The ones that I see are Laredo's. There's severl RV storage lots around my area and the Cougars have a wavy rear also.

It's not a construction issue, just aesthetic. Pretty common practice in the RV world. I personally don't like it. That's why I'm leaning towards brands that have a laminated or vacuum bonded rear wall. Jayco has vacuum bonded rear and front walls as well as a 2 year warranty.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2015, 09:58 AM   #16

We just picked up our 2012 29RPTR last month from one of the big RV resellsers. They weren't a dealer for Keystone but had one on the trade in lot. For the room we felt dual slide outs offered use the best space considerations of the few used ones we looked at.
No real complaints so far.....

Rancehood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:42 AM   #17

Shopping for my first TT. Currently have pop-up and now retired and want to travel some. I've done tons of looking at TTs and just bought a truck to haul it. I will be doing 2 to 5 day jaunts within 100 miles or so from home, but plan on doing at least 1 long trip each year (multiple stops with over 1500 miles total). It's just my wife and me so we are looking at rear kitchen, rear living and rear entertainment units. We are just about ready to buy and have our eyes on a 2016 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR. We like the floorplan and the Keystone reputation but our buying will be focused on quality since most RV brands all have similar floorplans. In addition to quality concerns I'm also wondering how towing a 35' TT will feel and what I might need to learn.

So, are you satisfied with the quality of the Keystone Premier brand?

And, if you have a 30RIPR, what do you like and dislike?

Finally, what do I need to know about towing a 35' TT?

Thanks,
RVnewbieGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #18

What will you be towing it with?
justafordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVnewbieGA View Post
Shopping for my first TT. Currently have pop-up and now retired and want to travel some. I've done tons of looking at TTs and just bought a truck to haul it. I will be doing 2 to 5 day jaunts within 100 miles or so from home, but plan on doing at least 1 long trip each year (multiple stops with over 1500 miles total). It's just my wife and me so we are looking at rear kitchen, rear living and rear entertainment units. We are just about ready to buy and have our eyes on a 2016 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR. We like the floorplan and the Keystone reputation but our buying will be focused on quality since most RV brands all have similar floorplans. In addition to quality concerns I'm also wondering how towing a 35' TT will feel and what I might need to learn.

So, are you satisfied with the quality of the Keystone Premier brand?

And, if you have a 30RIPR, what do you like and dislike?

Finally, what do I need to know about towing a 35' TT?

Thanks,

We just purchased a 2016 Premier 30RIPR and have had it for a little over a month. About to take our fourth trip in it next week.

We absolutely love it. It was down to this or a Rockwood with a similar floor plan. My wife fell in love with the Keystone and the layout better. I feel that it's a very thoughtful design and things are laid out nicely.

My only complaint so far is the power cord for shore power. It's on the very back wedged between the spare tire and the grill mount. If you look behind the theater seating you'll see a very small box it's supposed to wind into. It takes a lot of muscle and either getting dirty from the spare or busted knuckles from the grill. The last few feet are very tough to get it. I'm fixing that, however, because I just purchased the Furrion conversion kit so the cord will be detachable.

Everyone who's been in and sat down for a bit says it feels very much like "home." It does feel very homey even if I can't explain why.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy to help.
04266832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:20 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafordguy View Post
What will you be towing it with?
I'll tow it with a 2015 F-150 SuperCrew 3.5L V6 Ecoboost 4X4.
RVnewbieGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:33 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVnewbieGA View Post
I'll tow it with a 2015 F-150 SuperCrew 3.5L V6 Ecoboost 4X4.
That's a great tow vehicle but with a 35' TT you will need a good WDH with built in sway control. Air bags may also be needed to get the truck leveled back out depending on the tongue weight of your TT. I used an Equalizer hitch on my last TT which was 35' and about 9500lbs. It towed very well as long as the wind wasn't to bad. I tow with an F250 diesel.
justafordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:31 AM   #22

Forest River Owners Club
That's a lot of trailer for a 150 with a 6 cylinder engine.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:53 AM   #23

Yup, anything over 1000lbs on the hitch and in the bed and you'll be over the rear axle weight limit on a 1/2 ton... The p metric tires will cause a bit of sway with that heavy a load.

The published hitch weights don't include propane, batteries, water, the weight distribution hitch, electric tongue jack or any of your stuff inside the trailer.
marcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:31 PM   #24

We just bought a Premier 22 RBPR and we love it. It has everything that we were looking for. Outside kitchen, shower doors not a curtain and doors to bedroom not curtain or folding door. Lover the awning LED. It is well built. Good luck
gunner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:38 PM   #25

Forest River Owners Club
if you use Facebook, be sure to join the Bullet Owners Group.

Here is a link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/KeystoneBulletOwners/

Hope the mods here don't mind. just sharing the Bullet love!
Old 08-04-2015, 08:14 AM   #26

Has anyone installed a Dish Network Sat in their Bullet, if so where did you place the VIP211 receiver?
TY
CTorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:41 AM   #27

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My son has a 2013 Bullet and is ok with it. He did notice the linoleum lifted from air getting under it will driving. I sold our 2011 Heartland North Trail earlier this year after having the front panel replaced in 2013 due to delaminating after only a year. We have ordered a Creek Side made by Outdoors RV. They are worth a look. Very well built TT.
Old 08-09-2015, 03:50 PM   #28

2013 28rls. Love floor plan etc. First problem this weekend with slide out. Seems many others with same problem. Traced prob to bad motor hall effect switch. Probably a 79 cent part. Must replace entire 250 dollar motor.
ronrvs is offline   Reply With Quote