Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2016, 06:49 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher003 View Post
We bought a new 2016 Bullet 269RLS in April of this year (2016) and have spent around 50 or so nights in it. We have pulled it well over 6,000 miles so far and it has been rock solid. No issues at all. We love the floor plan (which is why we picked that model). While I do wish it had bigger fresh water and holding tanks, we have boondocked as many as six days. We've made several additions and improvements to further get it to how we want it; i.e., added a 1100 watt inverter, added a unit that has a 12vdc power outlet, 12 vdc monitor and a double USB charging port, put in a better mattress, etc., etc.. We negotiated a second 12 volt battery and installation into the deal when we bought it, too, and I just added a TPMS. So far we are really enjoying our new Bullet and hope to pull it up to Alaska (from Florida) in 2017. And best of all, it has been back to the dealer for anything.

That last sentence was suppose to say we have NOT had to take it back to the dealer for any problems.
parkerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2016, 08:53 AM   #44

I need to get this out there so someone else don't get into the same camping buying experience that we had last week.
Start with my Towing vehicles with 2016 F150 EcoBoost.
Second we purchased a Wildwood camper that was 35 feet and 10 inches long from Hitch the bumper.
Bob o'boy when I pulled out on the highway was a surprise, the camper being 7400 pounds was not a problem with my vehicle what was a problem was the sway.
Well after our sales manager he said well in the morning return it or if you get back here as soon as possible return it will get the hitch and everything set up right.
Well no matter what they done after being there for 7 hours you was not going to tow that 35-foot 10 inch camper with my truck without it swaying
Pull my hitch off and put a Centerline hitch by husky on there and it improved some but it still was not as safe driving conditions.
So we are going to go with Keystone Bullet premier a little shorter and a little lighter.
I think the big problem with my truck is I got a 6 & a half foot bed with a wheelbase is only 145
I can't wait to hear from everyone
Indianaf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:30 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianaf150 View Post
So we are going to go with Keystone Bullet premier a little shorter and a little lighter.
I think the big problem with my truck is I got a 6 & a half foot bed with a wheelbase is only 145
I can't wait to hear from everyone
Good choice. I have a 26RBPR which I tow with a Ram 1500 ecoDiesel. No problems with either the weight or with sway (I do have a WD hitch). They seem to do fine with lighter trucks. Of course, the trailer is only for 1 person so I don't have a lot of stuff in it.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:37 AM   #46

Calling all Keystone BULLET owners---let's talk!

We have a 2013 F150 Platinum Screw 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost with the Max towing package and 3.73 rear end and while it pulls our Bullet 269RLS just fine using a Blue Ox Sway Pro, I'm still thinking about moving up to a F250 or 350 with a diesel. Our Bullet is 31' overall and weighs around 6,500 lbs trip ready, well under our rated Max tow weight of 11,200. While our F150 has plenty of power and handles our Bullet very well, I would definitely NOT want to pull anything bigger with it. I am around 95% comfortable on windy days pulling our current rig, 100% comfortable on windless days. Seems to me the longer a TT is the more truck one needs to pull it comfortably.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:59 AM   #47

Does it feel okay running about 65 miles an hour
The bullet Premier we're getting is a 2017 it's come in total length at 33 feet 10 inches from Hitch to bumper, the good thing it's only weighs 6000 pounds dry. Just a single slide rear kitchen
I'm run with a Centerline husky hitch will pick it up tomorrow I hope everything goes well!!!
Indianaf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:54 AM   #48

Yes, my rig is very comfortable pulling at 60-65 mph under normal conditions. Coming east through the TX panhandle and western OK this summer we had some pretty strong, gusty side winds and I felt more comfortable after I slowed to 55 mph. We were not experiencing trailer sway; more of the truck and trailer both being pushed sideways. Of course I will readily admit we probably should not have been towing under those conditions in the first place and we did stop early for the night. LOL
Old 09-07-2016, 06:38 AM   #49

We up sized from a Jayco 197 to a Bullet 247BHSWE. We needed a bigger unit with a slide plus the Jayco had surge brakes that I wanted to replace. Jayco was 8 years old but solid. We were the second owners and had been very happy with the trailer. It towed like a dream behind our 2005 Durango 4.7 V8 and then with our 2015 F150 3.5 ecoboost. I might have stayed with Jayco if we could have found a dealer that had the floor plan we wanted. The Bullet 247 was exactly what we were looking for. First trip out, was a day after we purchased it. Towed well, but I really noticed that extra 8 feet I was towing from the smaller Jayco. Had lots of minor problems and the batteries wouldn't hold a charge off if my solar. TurNed out the batteries were bad and the dealer replaced them on our return. I have seen all the complaints regarding Keystone products but when I had the Jayco I also used to see all the complaints regarding their products. There are even you tube videos with the title "Jayco cheap imitation of Lance". So far I'm happy with what I have. I love the floor plan. Trailer tows great through the mountain passes with my truck and I think it looks pretty good too. Our first trip was boondocking, now I'm looking forward to trying the trailer on full hookups in a couple of weeks.
3firetrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:26 PM   #50

Wanting to purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner1 View Post
We just bought a Premier 22 RBPR and we love it. It has everything that we were looking for. Outside kitchen, shower doors not a curtain and doors to bedroom not curtain or folding door. Lover the awning LED. It is well built. Good luck
We are looking to purchase the 22rbpr asap. Recently retired and wanting to hit the road, there's alot to see and visit out there. Now we have the time.
Was considering the 248rki but don't have the experience pulling that large of a unit. Should I be concerned about the length.

badnGA
anxious to hit the road
badnGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:27 AM   #51

My 13 ecoboost and 26 rbpr weigh's 13,400 lbs ready to camp on the cat scales. It tows it fine with the swaypro. I"ve been out 6 or 7 times with it locally but tomorrow were heading to the Pocono"s from CT. So we"ll see how it goes.
smbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:44 AM   #52

We also have a '13 Ecoboost and pull a Bullet 269RLS using a Swaypro. Great combo. We're leaving this morning from FL for a couple of weeks exploring the Outer Banks of NC and Blue Ridge mountains.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:31 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by badnGA View Post
We are looking to purchase the 22rbpr asap. Recently retired and wanting to hit the road, there's alot to see and visit out there. Now we have the time.
Was considering the 248rki but don't have the experience pulling that large of a unit. Should I be concerned about the length.

badnGA
anxious to hit the road
I meant to say were concidering the 248RKS, but concerned about the length.
I will be towing with a short wheel base Tahoe. Not sure what kind of hitch I will need. What kind of hitch do you have, pulling your 22RBPR. There is a sticker on my hitch mount that says 600 max tung and 5000 tow weight.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:53 AM   #54

Isn't the dry weight of the 22rbpr around 4600 lbs?
smbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:20 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbullet View Post
Isn't the dry weight of the 22rbpr around 4600 lbs?
Yes, the dry wt is about 4800 lbs for both models and loaded is the same for both, at 6500 lbs. But the length diference is another 2.5 ft. for the 248RKS.
The good thing about the 248RKS is that it has a sofa in addition to the dinette. Whitch would allow for more comfortable lounging.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:18 PM   #56

We recently purchased a Bullet 30RIPR and couldn't be happier. We have only had it out once for 7 days, but are leaving in a couple of days for a two week outing. This is our first TT and, like you, we did a lot of research. We are towing ours with a Toyota Tundra 5.7L with an Equalizer 4 point hitch. I am pleased at how easily it tows. My wife loves the island kitchen set up and we both enjoy the rear entertainment area. We will definitely upgrade the mattress. No problems so far, everything has functioned as it should. Good luck to you with your decision.
Kneedeep0525 is offline   Reply With Quote