Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2012, 09:11 PM   #1

Talking Calling all Keystone BULLET owners---let's talk!

I'm not seeing a lot of discussion on here about the Bullet, so would love to hear from those who bought one. We are looking at the 27 - 29' models. Likes? Dislikes? Let's talk.

I'm impressed with the floor plan; love the dirty clothes chute, the chairs, the dinette, the kitchen.
doodlebug52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
I'm interested too. I'll be watching this thread for replies.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJcachers View Post
I'm interested too. I'll be watching this thread for replies.
I really like what I saw. We're heading out to another RV megastore to look at more and compare to other brands.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #4

We bought a 19 foot bullet in early spring of 2010. We kept it one year and replaced it with a longer Bullet Premier. Home base is in the St.Louis metro and the Premier has been to North Dakota, North Carolina, Virginia, Tennasee and twice to Talladega all with no issues at all. All systems have worked flawlessly, the trailer towes easily with no white nuckle sway issues. We are very pleased with our trailer.
Even though we have had no warranty issues with either trailer, I will most likely not buy another Keystone product. I will shop other brands that offer at least a 2 year warranty as I feel that a 1 year (which, in reality, works out to 6-7 months of use) on a major purchase like this is very cheap.
Dknkjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #5

Well, we went to two more RV dealers today and looked at Puma, Heartland's Northtrail, LongHorn Texas Edition, Flagstaff and Hill Country. We both loved the Hill Country---nice Texas design details inside!! It also has a great slide-out closet area---very unique! Good table and chairs. The downer?? A TERRIBLE bathroom. No storage whatsoever and teeny sink. They really failed with the bathroom. And darker than others. No skylight thanks to two AC's and all the wiring on top. Others would have a skylight in the main or kitchen area, and I prefer sunny insides.

We also really liked the 30' 2012 NorthTrail by Heartland! Good closet space. GREAT bathroom. And on sale. But the furniture was far too dark to my liking.

So....we went back to the other RV place to re-look at the Bullets....and when we walked into one of the Bullet Premiers---we knew want we wanted!!! The Bullet! It's lighter in dry weight than the others and NICER in the interior.

But I have to confess I'm a bit concerned about a one year warranty if that's all they offer Forgot to ask. The Hill Country had a two year.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #6

Doodlebug52 I believe you wont go wrong with a bullet, especialy the Premier. As posted earlier we love ours. What ever trailer you end up with, have the dealer install a few extra electrical outlets in the unit. It seems there are never enough of them, they are easy to install and the dealer will add them free of charge to seal the deal.
The warranty thing is just one of those things that push my buttons. You stated that you are a bit concerned about the length of the warranty. I had the same concerns, and although I havent needed the warranty, I dont think we should have these concerns after spending this amount of money. The 1 year warranty is an industry standard and the manufacturers offer it becouse they can get away with it....they would likely offer less if they could. Next time I will vote with my dollars and buy from a mfg. that dares to buck the norm and offer me a bit more peace of mind.
Whatever you end up with I hope you enjoy the heck out of it. If I had known how much fun this RVing thing was going to be I'd have figured out a way to make it happen years ago.
Dknkjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #7

Nor'easters Club
We have a Bullet 281bhs and have been very please with it. We have had a couple of issue and the dealer has taken care of them with Keystone. good luck with your choice of RV the dealer is the key to a good experience if they stand behind the product and are just more then sales men then you will be fine.
Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:13 AM   #8

246RBS

I own a 2013 Keystone Bullet 246RBS and we are very happy, so far!
CTorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:32 PM   #9

We have lived in ours for 5 months each of the past two winters. We have made several upgrades including adding a euro chair replacing 1/2 the dinette, a new mattress, Fantastic fan, larger scissor jacks, larger tv and a few others. It has not been back to a dealer and so far we are very happy with it. We came out of six motorhomes and were not sure if we would like the travel trailer, but so far so good. Good luck with whatever you decide.
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 06:33 AM   #10

2nd Bullet, this time Premier 26RB. Nice trailer, middle of the road in quality. 2 slide outs, ROOMY when deployed but bath, kitchen not accessible w/o opening. A few small detail warranty issues but CW dealers (2, AZ and WI) took care of them!
fishrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 03:12 PM   #11

Everything's fine OEM. Although I am considering a volt/ammeter install.
Anybody do any mods on the Bullet?
CTorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:48 PM   #12

2014 Bullet 246RBS - love it! Great floorplan, nice bathroom, 28'5
dmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:27 AM   #13

Forest River Owners Club
2013 246RBS - no problems other than the short bed but getting use to it as we are just weekend warriors for now. Would like a longer couch or recliners someday.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:17 AM   #14

Bullet Premier 32bhpr 2014

Newbie to the forum. We just purchased a new Bullet Premier (our 2nd trailer) and have only had it out once so far this year.......but many trips are planned. Our first long weekend trip was great and we are confident in the floor plan we choose for our family.

Pros
We love the double bed bunks for our preteen kids and they each get 2 windows, a light and cubby for their trinkets. My husband is very happy with the outside kitchen as we do all our cooking outside. I am extremely happy with the room around the bed. I am a tall person so having leg room at the end of the bed is important. I also want to mention the size of the bathroom - it is great! We looked at other larger trailers and the bathrooms were tiny. We were not upgrading at all from our first trailer in that department. This bathroom is big, nicely laid out and I love having a door to the outside. Lastly, I like the LED lights - they do not heat up the trailer.
There are many more reasons why we love this trailer but the ones I listed make our top 5.

Cons
The only con I have at this point is the back wall on our trailer. We have one of those floating walls that others in the forum have discussed. I have read that many manufacturers have models with floating walls but I honestly don't like the design. I am hoping we have no problems down the road.

Looking forward to reading more from other Bullet RV'ers. Thanks for the thread!
BigBadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote