Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #1

Calling all Skyline Koala Owners

Starting a new group for owners. Please join!

skylinekoala : Skyline Koala Travel Trailers

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #2

New members

Howdy from Texas, we are up to 5 members on our koala yahoo group.

The koalas are known to be "green" RVs, I like the construction and the renewable materials skyline uses.

We are taking delivery of a Koala 26 SS in a few weeks. We dropped by the dealer yesterday and they seem to be doing a great job going through all the systems. They found some ducting in the heating system that was kinked and needed rerun. There are two overhead vents we want them to add fantastic fans to, and of course add a tv mount to the bedroom wall.

Anyways, anyone have any experience with koalas would love to hear from you.
Cheers,
Mrs. Rain Dog

Old 03-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

The Skyline Koala is a super-lite TT, similar to a Skyline Joey. Be sure to read about dismounting the TV from the paper-thin wall before you move the trailer. Then do what it says. Every time. Or you'll have a busted TV and a hole in the wall.

I bought the optional TV wall mount with my Joey, and it's a snap to dismount it from the wall. But then you must also disconnect the antenna cable and power chord from the ceiling or the TV. Store the TV on a bed or on a bunk or somewhere it won't get banged around when on the road. Make storing the TV just one more of the routine chores that's part of getting ready from the road: disconnecting and storing water hose, disconnecting and storing the shore power cable, lowering the TV antenna, dump the holding tanks and store the sewer tubing, raise the stabilizer jacks, secure all the loose items in the trailer, raise the steps, connect the trailer to the tow vehicle, etc.
Grumpy ole man with over 50 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7,000-pound enclosed cargo trailer, RV is a 5,600 pound Skyline Nomad Joey 196S, and my tow vehicle is a 2012 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCrew.
SmokeyWren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #4

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up, I think I will make a departure check list to check off every time. Right now we are in a wonderful little casita, not much to get ready inside cause she is so small.
Picking up the koala in 2 weeks then a shake down cruise to Kemah where we keep our two boats and then we are off for a 5 month cruise of the US countryside.
Hope to see ya out there,
Erika
Old 06-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #5

Just thought I'd update:

We have 16 members in the skyline koala group.

Brian and I are very happy with our 26SS. We are in Debois, Wyoming at the Longhorn Ranch RV park. We came up from Texas going through New Mexico and Colorado, and will visit South Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan( including the upper ) and then decide where we want to go after that.
We tow with a Nissan Frontier with sway bar and distribution hitch, have been caught in some high winds as soon as we hit Wyoming (50+), went slow and did very well. We did take Raton pass at 8000 feet, the truck did fine.
Cheers,
Erika
Old 07-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #6

KZ RV Club
We are new Koala owners. It would be nice to have a group within this site but will try to access/join the Koala Yahoo group.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #7

I agree, I can't remember now why we did it through yahoo. I think because of the instant messaging....? My husband set it up, I'll ask him.
We can start a koala thread.
Erika
Old 07-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #8

Or this can be our koala thread
Old 07-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #9

Thinking about selling my MH and getting a TT. Will tow with a 3/4 duramax. Thinking about Koala as well as Vantage and Arctic Fox. Probably can't afford the Fox. Would like some of your thoughts on your Koalas.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #10

Anybody own the 24rbk? Looking at a 2012 version but the dealer won't budge on the price so I'm letting it sit.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:22 AM   #11

We are very pleased with our 26 SS. We have taken it from Texas to Minnesota so far, next heading to Michigan( including the upper ) and then rambling around a bit before heading back to Texas by October. She tows wells. We tow with a 2011 Toyota Frontier. Some issues with the slide but lately discovered it may be due to how we packed the Dinette storage, jury still out though.
Quality on a 1-10, I'd put a 7. Very. Happy times aboard

*Love the 40 gal holding
And 40 gal grey tanks

*love the reclining leather chairs with foot rests

*** love the big aft window**

Wish there was zero carpet
More outside storage

Hope that helps,
Erika
Old 12-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #12

Wow! This is the only dedicated Koala forum I can find?! Anyhoo, looking to pick up a 2013 Koala 21BH in 10 days. Trying to do some last minute searches to support my decision. Thus far I've read that customer service is second to none. Unfortunately, that means I've read a few horror stories to go with.
This will be my first new purchase; following 2 used purchases over the last 10 years. Both were Jayco's (Kiwi & Jayflight). Sold the Kiwi because of a move and my Jayco was totaled by the insurance company do to a roof leak. Not what you'd think, I mean this leak was tiny and there was a small 6" soft spot by the door. Insurance said they don't fix leaks and only option was totally it out. Ugh! Loved that camper.
Anyhoo, so here I am purchasing a new camper. Woo-hooo!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:17 AM   #13

I am looking at the Koala 24RBK. I kinda like the Azdel and the interior. I looked at the 26SS - I don't want carpet. Why they put so much in that unit I do not know. If you are trying to justify the purchase keep looking at other trailers - I think you will keep coming back to the Koala. To me, they seem to be nice units and I also like the 40 gallon holding tanks.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #14

KZ RV Club
Welcome to the group. Although the Yahoo interface is not as user friendly or pleasing to the eye, there is an active group of Koala owners over there. Here's the link:
skylinekoala : Skyline Koala Travel Trailers
Please join.