Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2015, 04:46 PM   #1

Camping World

I have called them three times and get nowhere.....

anyone have the same issue?

or is it just me?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2015, 04:50 PM   #2

meant to say, left two messages without a callback and of course today thru are already closed...

atghhhh

Old 07-31-2015, 04:50 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
What is the issue you are having???
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers - RVM#128
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 04:51 PM   #4

I personally prefer to avoid them when it comes to service. They hire front office staff that often know little about trailers (nothing against keeping teenagers employed) and are very expensive. In Redding, Ca, which is not too expensive of a city, they labor rate was $120/hr+

There's always something to be said for going to a place that lives and breathes RV's and Camping World, despite the name, in my experience seems like more of a run of the mill franchise and are kind of expensive, even with the Good Sam discount. They do however provide great ideas for what to buy at Wal Mart or Amazon.

- Tony
Old 07-31-2015, 04:55 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGuy1966 View Post
meant to say, left two messages without a callback and of course today thru are already closed...

atghhhh
YUP! I find that problem or they just don't answer the phone at all.

I live close enough to go there and face them face to face. I drive them crazy and make them address my problems quicker!:laugh :
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers - RVM#128
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:30 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I have had good, bad and mediocre from the service department. They seem to do better when you are face to face.
But, you never know... Yesterday I called the service department (by mistake, the girl should have connected me with parts) and the service tech went down to the store and checked to see if the had a part on the shelf and called me back immediately. I went to the store and bought the part. I live about 40 miles away.
This was the Chattanooga store.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:44 PM   #7

I had a slide topper installed by them on my new camper which I didn't buy from them but I knew a guy in service and he got me a good deal and they had a 89 dollar install on the brand topper I purchased. My buddy had me bring it there early morning I picked it back up around 2pm same day. first trip I went on with it the topper was rubbing flange and ripped fabric I dropped it off the morning I returned and again picked it back up by 2pm. This time lasted a week and hit again only making rub marks on new fabric and again dropped in back off I wasn't nice about it the third time . They had it 3 days saying they had to order different brackets finding this out by calling there 5 times after being transferred to voice mails for 15 minutes I drove there and got the run around on what the issue was by service manager who was very nice but must not have a phone in his office. Day 4 they called around 11am the service manager explaining that a different mechanic worked on it this time and found the whole problem was the wrong screws were used and they came up short which since fixed had no other issues. The roof was spotless when it went in there were boot prints by slide room and the caulk job looked like a 5 year old did which I redid on my own. Also I'm pretty sure they had lunch in my unit well it was there. I again went back there like a bull and my buddy is no longer a buddy. I would never let any off those hacks touch my TT again

Rich,24
2014 wildwood 27rlss
2005 Chevy 2500HD crew cab
rbleau6885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:23 PM   #8

I need some exterior work. I caught the very edge of my TT side and ripped off some panels.

I need an estimate for my insurance company soon or I will lose the claim.

this is a good opportunity for CW to make some money but they just don't answer and never call me back.

I am looking around my area at some places that rent them so I am hopeful I will get a repair tech soon.

thank goodness its only the facade....

I an also worried about rain getting in without the panels in place.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:50 PM   #9

My dealer (not CW) has been very little help on estimates. I don't know why.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:47 AM   #10

On the contrary, on dealing with Camping World in Jacksonville Fl. we have had only minor problems, my service rep. always returned calls and the service was fairly on time. Must say our TT is a new unit from Camping World ( not Jacksonville )

On our first visit we had a hard time getting in for service, went to the service manager and bitched about buying the TT from CW and not being able to get into service for warrentee work, he was very apologetic in that they missed that the TT was purchased from CW and was told they have three levels of priority for service appointments 1. Units purchased from CW Jacksonville 2. Units purchased from other CW 3. Units purchased elsewhere. Have had no problems since and all the work was done just fine !!!

Seems we have an unusual Camping Would !
Old 08-01-2015, 08:08 AM   #11

Carolina Campers
Camping World

A good service rep can make all the difference in the world.... Especially at Camping World.... I have a good one now. He always returns my calls, even though it is rare to get him without leaving a message because he is always very busy. He always follows through on what he says he will do.

On the other hand, another service rep at the same shop was not the right person to be in a customer service position... I am lucky that he no longer works there...

I have to say, even though I have been very critical of Camping World in the past, I have been very pleased lately. They have done great on the last four service jobs I have had done, two of which were warranty and extended warranty work. They kept me informed and took it on their part to advocate for me with the manufacture and the extended warranty company for my benefit. Also, and this is a first for sure, the service rep deducted the difference between what the extended warranty labor coverage was versus the inflated labor charges at Camping World, which saved me $150.

So as I said, it makes a real difference when you have the right person to deal with...

Ted
Old 08-01-2015, 09:24 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGuy1966 View Post
I need some exterior work. I caught the very edge of my TT side and ripped off some panels.

I need an estimate for my insurance company soon or I will lose the claim.

this is a good opportunity for CW to make some money but they just don't answer and never call me back.

I am looking around my area at some places that rent them so I am hopeful I will get a repair tech soon.

thank goodness its only the facade....

I an also worried about rain getting in without the panels in place.
I have a friend that took their TT to CW to have some siding repair they went to pick it up and said where is the exterior bay door. They covered it over and didn't cut in for the door.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:18 PM   #13

oh my....
Old 08-01-2015, 02:38 PM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveht View Post
i live close enough to go there and face them face to face. I drive them crazy and make them address my problems quicker!:laugh :
it's all your fault!!!

Tags
camping