Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2015, 02:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfarm View Post
I ordered a shower head from camping world online 12 days ago and they have not shipped it yet. I noticed they charged my credit card twice for the transaction so I called customer service to get that straight. I was on hold for 35 minutes. Keep in mind the CEO of this company has a TV show telling other business's how to run their company. Maybe someone needs to show him how to run his. I called yesterday after a 45 minute hold and they said it was sitting there for 3 days waiting for UPS to pick up. What a joke. I won't be ordering from them again. Anyone else have experience ordering online from them?
scottfarm
You and thousands of other RVers.
Mel
'96 Safari

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2015, 03:02 PM   #16

My wife is on hold with Camping World at this very moment. This is her second attempt. Yesterday, she held for 40 minutes before giving up.

We placed an order on May 15th and their system shows it as in the "Processing" stage. They are still processing our order after five weeks.

We no longer need what we ordered because we bought it on Amazon weeks ago for less. We just want our money back at this point.

Camping World will never receive an order from us again.

Bruce

Old 06-22-2015, 03:19 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Camping world experience

Wow, we have never had anything but first-class online service from CW. Prompt shipments, prompt credit on returns, updates on back orders. Never any trouble getting someone on the phone.

If you want to make Marcus aware of the problems you have had and your subsequent negative opinion about the company, there is a way to do that. Contact me privately and I can give you some suggestions.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:28 PM   #18

Thanks, Patti, but I have already posted on the "Dear Marcus" "Camping World Accessories" forum over at RV.net. I'm sure they'll either delete my post or ask me to send them a private message so it can be handled in a less public manner.

Bruce
Old 06-22-2015, 04:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti Brown View Post
If you want to make Marcus aware of the problems you have had and your subsequent negative opinion about the company, there is a way to do that. Contact me privately and I can give you some suggestions.
Patti Brown
Do you actually believe he cares what we think?

BTW, how long have you worked for CW.

Mel
'96 Safari
Old 06-23-2015, 12:28 AM   #20

A lady by the name of Gene Pickler call the house Sunday (yesterday) saying she was on top of our issue and would call us back no matter what... Well it is 10:27 PM Monday and you got it folks, no call from her. Very sad actually...
Old 06-23-2015, 05:13 AM   #21

We have never ordered online,but, have in there store in Jacksonville. We always have to bring "there" ad into "there " store to get them to match "there" advertised price, after they call a manager to approve it.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:47 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGuy1966 View Post
what a bunch of bafunes.....
Oh, the irony.

Bruce
Old 06-23-2015, 06:26 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Please don't shoot the messenger!

My positive experiences with CW are those of a satisfied customer. No more, no less. I don't work for CW. Never have. Never even met Marcus. Do I think he cares? Yes, I do. However, I have learned--partly through a previous career in corporate America (I now own a small retail business of my own)--that there is often a communications disconnect between upper management and reality (ever watch Undercover Boss?). I have also learned some ways how a person can contact and (politely) get the attention of those who have the ability to get results--and get them. I have done it many times when dissatisfied with services or products. I prefer resolving a problem (and improving a situation whenever possible) and helping others do so to merely complaining about it.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:18 AM   #24

Good post Pattie

I work a Lowes, and if a customer goes to corporate, the store manager "definitly" hears about it from them,what's done in the store about it, is up to in store management.I must say that being in retail my whole life, dealing with general public covers the whole spectrum of society, some great, most good people, and some total a!!holes,
and expect the world, as they are the only ones in it.
Don't think tha"s the case here,as said, never bought online from them. Only a few times have i found there prices any where near the competitors.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:54 AM   #25

I order from Camping World only when all other options are exhausted.
There prices are not great.
There shipping takes forever.
There shipping charges are way too high.
If you can find it someplace else buy it there and not "Camping World".

Try Amazon for everything first...lowest prices...Always!....super-fast delivery at very low rates....why buy anywhere else!....the have most RV and camping supplies.....also check your local Walmart.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:13 AM   #26

I work on voice systems and you have to keep in mind that depending on where you call from you may be routed to a location close to you.... if you are calling a 800 number...

not everyone may get the same agent when ordering.

time for Marcus to check his call center logs......

he might have some firing to do, or retraining....
Old 06-23-2015, 11:39 AM   #27

I could call from Mars and place and order from Amazon, and if it's prime will be on my door in 2-3 days max.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:24 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
I had areal bad experience with them last winter. I ordered a Q grille and several accessories. Had a trip planned four weeks in the future. All the accessories showed up in two separate shipments, at different times. Not the grille. Time dragged on, and on, so I called ( long hold time each time). Always told none in the warehouse be here next week. After third time I cancelled the order. They owed me monies since my charge card had been hit. They did give me credit for the grille, but not the shipping cost. Another call.......ok, they will send me a gift card for the amount.

Two months latter standing at the check out counter with about $40 worth of stuff, the clerk says you owe me $ 31.... I say Da!. Well they sent me a gift card as promised, but it did not have the proper amount. I walked away and left the merchandise on the counter.

P.S. I also figured out why they had not shipped the grille I had ordered. Instead of the Weber that is so popular, they had a Chinese knock off with their brand on it. GREED....

Tags
camping