Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-26-2015, 06:52 AM   #29
More drama with CW. After 5 weeks of false promises we contacted our bank and are they are contacting them regarding the fraudulent dealings. We also filled a complaint in Illinois BBB, their rating as of yesterday was a B-.

tucsonrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2015, 10:26 AM   #30
whats with this company????

I asked them for an estimate to trade in my TT via email based on drop down choices.

I expressly stated NOT to call me and send the response via email.

not sure how they got my number but they called anyway on a Sunday morning and woke me up.

If you want to sell to me for GOD sake follow direction......

I wouldn't give them the time of day now....

RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:02 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Amazon almost always has much better pricing than CW for the same item, They ship quick too
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:36 AM   #32
I had a refund issue and after 13 PM's post, rants, threats on their RV.net website I received my credit. We received 4 phone calls promising our refund, may private email and yesterday they did issue my credit but not without total harassment by me on the RV.net website. I will never never order online with them again. From May 20 to Saturday to get resolved and what's interesting is we received calls and PM's from people in Florida, Chicago and Denver...
tucsonrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:17 AM   #33
Haven't tried the CW online (only store purchases)and doesn't sound like I should, but have been very happy with Amazon lately. I'm a prime member ($99/yr.) so I get free two day delivery. A sewer hose, Anderson levelers and a half dozen other items I ordered this Friday are all scheduled for delivery this Sunday (today). We'll see. I'm even thinking of ordering my 3000w generator through them since their price is as low as I've seen and the shipping is free.
2015 Winnebago Minnie 2201DS
2013 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Dbl Cab 4x4
DrHike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:01 PM   #34
1 month later and I still waiting for credit to my account they promised me. I called them today and they said they would take care of it today--they didn't. Same thing they told me 2 weeks ago.
scottfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:22 PM   #35
I've had consumers ask me a price, I tell them, then they say "Camping World has it cheaper." Then this happens. So when it happens to they ones who looked solely at price and not the small town, local, customer service that can be offered, I say you get what you pay for.

I try to not buy from Amazon. Someone asked why not buy from them; they do this this and this? Because they are putting small business and local people from their community out of work to save money.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:26 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
It's simple..... They don't actually have what you ordered.. They are trying to blind ship or ship to them, then to you. I ran a telecom business like this for years ( like 17 years) the signs are obvious.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:38 PM   #37
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by tucsonrv View Post
I went on rv.net and logged my complaint and in less than an hour got a private message that it would be resolved.... We will see.
Do you believe in the tooth fairy /santa/ if so u might be ok. That is 1 screwed up outfit over there from CW to Roadside what a mess
Rick & Barbara
"98" 30 'Coachmen C Santara FL (front lounge) V 10
TST tpms, ScanGauge 2 cats Tyler,Lucy
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:32 AM   #38
It's day 30 and still no credit to my account. Ethan and Christian have stopped answering my emails so i guess I will be calling them again by phone with the 30 minute hold.
scottfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:56 AM   #39
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
I could call from Mars and place and order from Amazon, and if it's prime will be on my door in 2-3 days max.
Amazon PRIME is no longer what it is advertized. They are no better, no worse than Camping World. Each is going through growing pains, and I feel that each will get it straightened out. I personally choose to pick up what I need at the local store near where I am going to. Online shopping has never been my first choice.
2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab MAXTOW DRW, 2015 Forest River Dynamax Trilogy 38RL
Kevinc2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:03 AM   #40

Originally Posted by Kevinc2011 View Post
Amazon PRIME is no longer what it is advertized.
How so? I have been an Amazon Prime member since Prime started and I use it every day. I haven't found anything that they have falsely advertised.

nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:17 AM   #41
Few if any online retailers carry inventory anymore. They sell for less than stick and brick stores because they have lower costs, inventory being one of them. This is the new normal and what you get when you insist on lower price that service. That's why CW are lower than in their stores. When you order online from CW many times you are just placing the order and paying them- The product then gets ordered from the manufacturer and shipped to you on their schedule. Delays in receiving products are likely caused at the manufacturers level.
1998 Newmar Dutch Star, 3126B Cat/ Freightliner
2003 Honda Element
" Don't let the same dog bite you twice "
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:46 AM   #42
Ditto on Prime, Never a proplem, first class all the way !!!

rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote