Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2015, 01:36 AM   #1

Choose between 21' Bigfoot or 21' Nash?

Nash 19B or 21' Bigfoot?
What are your thoughts about these two, if you had a choice?
Both seem to be pretty well made units. Any subtleties in the floor plans that would sway you?

I like the idea of no roof/wall seams to worry about.
Both are comparable in weight I think.

Which one is the people's choice?
Thank you for your experienced opinions!
popcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2015, 05:33 AM   #2

No experience with either trailer, but both companies have very good reputations. If I'm looking at the correct models, I'd go for the 21' Bigfoot because of the permanent bed and the bathroom layout. But that's a personal preference....I wouldn't want to be bothered setting up/breaking down a bed daily.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:29 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The Nash has a 2" thick wall, good insulation. I know nothing of the big foot except what I can read from their website, and they claim a one inch wall, claim an R6 insulation value. Thinner walls will make the rig lighter, and I have no idea what Nash/Outdoors RV/Arctic Fox/Northwood Mfg claims their wall insulation R value is.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:54 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've had two Bigfoot trailers: 25175B (18ft) and 25B21FB (21ft). They were both well made trailers. If you're not familiar with the Bigfoot construction, it's basically two pieces of fiberglass clamshelled together, which makes for a very solid foundation. I've never had any problems with either of them.

It's also considered a 4 season trailer (made in Canada) and have proven itself worthy of handling adverse weather. Even though I never camped in really cold weather with it, I have in hot weather and it kept the heat out and also kept the noise out (if you have noisy neighbors).

They also have a very loyal, knowledgeable, and helpful owners club: Bigfoot Owners Club International (BOCI). They have their own website if you join the club.
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:02 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had the 22H Nash. Very well built and never had a problem with it. The trailer was heavy compared to others as it was built pretty strong.

Our main concern was it had a crawl over bed. That got to be a bother after a while.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:10 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We just went on a plant tour of the Outdoors RV products. They are the cousin of Northwood Manufacturing who build the Nash. Between those two I would go with the Nash if it were me but would recommend you take a look at the Outdoors RV trailers. I was very impressed with the facility. These trailers are also a little lighter depending on the model. We have an Outdoors RV Creek Side on order.

Good luck.