Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2017, 09:23 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Cleaning dried blue body wash from bathroom sink?

I just finished fixing up the outside of my 2004 Gulfstream TT and started the inside I just ran into a issue with what appears to be a Blue Body wash that the former owner must have let Leak into the bathroom sink and it dried up into a hard mess about 2" X 4" I managed to remove it from the counter part but in the basin it just won't come completely off! I tried filling the sink with hot water and let it soak, I tried soft scrub, but the. Blue dye seems to have embedded into the basin! I even tried straight bleach the stain just won't come out! Any ideas without using something that will damage the basin? Or having to replace the sink? I'm out of ideas I can post a photo if you need to see it, I can't believe all the toiletries the last owner Left in there I found like 20 bars of unopened soap bars, 10 different shampoos, enough toothpaste to last a family of 4 several years, I don't know were he went on vacation it was hardly used from the looks of the interior no signs of wear on anything.
supertramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2017, 09:30 PM   #2

It is not coming out of sink.........it is permanently stained.

Live with it or replace sink.
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:34 PM   #3

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
It is not coming out of sink.........it is permanently stained.

Live with it or replace sink.
I was hoping of something that will safely pull it out maybe I can try my headlight polisher to buff it out and keep the surface smooth? I forget I used it on the fantastic fan cover to restore it.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:44 PM   #4

Cleaning sink

Don't know if this will work. Try Bar Keepers friend. About $1.99 at Walmart in the isle with comet. Wet the sink dow and apply as a paste. Let it sit for 15minutes and see if it works. Rinse and maybe try a magic sponge.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:47 PM   #5

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-3 View Post
Don't know if this will work. Try Bar Keepers friend. About $1.99 at Walmart in the isle with comet. Wet the sink dow and apply as a paste. Let it sit for 15minutes and see if it works. Rinse and maybe try a magic sponge.
I was thinking about trying that, I have a gallon of simple green I will try some of that also, it's ashame the sink is stained it's the only sign of use inside the Camper
Old 02-23-2017, 05:15 AM   #6

Agree with trying the barkeeper's friend and a magic eraser. I've had stains not move until the magic eraser hits it...worth a try. Otherwise, I would just replace the sink.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:28 AM   #7

Are you certain it was the dye in the soap? Another possibility is a damp rid type product leaked.

I would pick a likely product and contact the manufacturer of that product for suggestions. Also contact a sink manufacturer.

Finally, those sinks are cheap but become falling dominoes. Soon you will be buying a new faucet also.
Jimbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:53 AM   #8

Cheap plastic permanently stained no nothing can be done..
Old 02-23-2017, 08:28 AM   #9

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbow View Post
Are you certain it was the dye in the soap? Another possibility is a damp rid type product leaked.

I would pick a likely product and contact the manufacturer of that product for suggestions. Also contact a sink manufacturer.

Finally, those sinks are cheap but become falling dominoes. Soon you will be buying a new faucet also.
Yea it was a liquid soap of some sort I threw away a lot of stuff that they kept in the sink during storage, I think one of them either froze or got too hot while upside-down in the sink causing it to leak, most of it was never opened but was old I don't think they used the Camper since 2008 - 2009 because of the dates on things I found like a pendant from Disney world (2008) and some receipts, there was a small purse like bag I found under the master bed had a bunch of dated stuff in it
Old 02-23-2017, 04:38 PM   #10

Heck, no money?
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:49 PM   #11

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Heck, no money?
There was money I think too much you should see there Facebook Page and were they go regularly to kill time, I at first thought they might have been struggling but it seems like the camper was a afterthought and he just let it sit to rot then when he tried to sell it the damage was to apparent, because this was a Facebook sale I made sure I wasn't walking into a trap he wasn't happy when I told him I knew he was just retired and what he did for a living, being a former repossession agent I know how to check people out without breaking any laws, you would be surprised what information is public about people it scares me once I was taught by WIRB that I used to work for. When ever I am buying anything privately on the web I make sure I know who I'm dealing with, there are to many scam's out there not to be as cautious as possible.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:56 PM   #12

Replace the sink with a household style sink. At the same time replace the cheap RV junk faucet with a household style as well. While you're at it, do the kitchen sink and faucet too! And make the kitchen faucet a "high rise" with a sprayer. Can be had relatively economically at a big box home improvement store. The up side is if you ever have a faucet problem, you can get replacement parts at any hardware store. The HH style sinks can be either porcelain or stainless steel. They clean up great!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:59 PM   #13

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Replace the sink with a household style sink. At the same time replace the cheap RV junk faucet with a household style as well. While you're at it, do the kitchen sink and faucet too! And make the kitchen faucet a "high rise" with a sprayer. Can be had relatively economically at a big box home improvement store. The up side is if you ever have a faucet problem, you can get replacement parts at any hardware store. The HH style sinks can be either porcelain or stainless steel. They clean up great!
That was a thought maybe stainless steel if I can find them that fit the existing cutouts. I have to figure out a better faucet option for the exterior shower because it has a small crack that leaks when it's on.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:58 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertramp View Post
That was a thought maybe stainless steel if I can find them that fit the existing cutouts. I have to figure out a better faucet option for the exterior shower because it has a small crack that leaks when it's on.
Before you spend a lot of time finding a replacement exterior shower head, ask yourself if you will ever use it! Many people don't. If that is so, just cap it off and forget it! At least until you winterize it, and then you will need to remove the caps and drain. People often forget to drain the outside shower hose/head when winterizing, and that may be why yours cracked in the first place.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote