Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2013, 03:01 AM   #1

Coachmen?

Does anyone own a coachman, I recently purchased a 2014 clipper ultra lite 17BH and was wondering if anyone owned one. Just looking for reviews.

I'm extremely new to this, only been tent camping and DW decided she was finished w that side of camping. I almost feel we jumped into it, so I'm a little nervous yet very excited.

One local trip under my belt....many more notches to nitch
Joeymozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2013, 03:20 AM   #2

yeah, our old bones are getting too hard to tent camp too! Coachman is a part of Forest River who is owned by birkshire-hathaway(sorry if the spelling is wrong) which is primarily owned by warren buffett.....not a bad thing but sometimes they are a little short, in my experience, on the documentation side. keep it caulked, oiled, etc. Enjoy!
Darrell
traveler0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #3

I bought a Coachmen Freedom Express 305RKS in May. I use it 3-4 days per week for work and occasional trips with my wife. So far I'm very happy with it. My only complaint so far is with the dealer I purchased it from.
RandyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyL View Post
I bought a Coachmen Freedom Express 305RKS in May. I use it 3-4 days per week for work and occasional trips with my wife. So far I'm very happy with it. My only complaint so far is with the dealer I purchased it from.
Wow, we had an awful experience w our dealer too. In the end it all worked out and we got the trailer at a lower price. But communication w dealer was horrible as was customer service.

I have yet to use it and prob won't he able for a few months due to some unexpected financial trouble.

One local trip under my belt....many more notches to nitch
Joeymozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:13 AM   #5

coachman

yeah, there's the out-house shoot...they promise the sun moon and stars and you get a falling one most of the time! ours (we bought our forest river used) didn't send in the extended warranty paperwork for 6 months! grrrr
I sincerely hope your experience is better!
darrell
Old 10-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #6

We have owned two Coachman TT's. Not familiar with your model. We had good service from both units. We recently purchased a Forest River Wildwood 27 RKSS. A great unit. Coachman quality is well known. Enjoy your rig.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:23 AM   #7

I bought a Coachman 2011 Freedom Express Model 170RB (19' TT) new in 2010 and it's been good. I have traveled over 19 K miles.
Good luck with your TT and enjoy.
Mr. Bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #8

Just traded down from A class to a Coachman 322 RLDSLE. Only had the chance to sleep in it one night on the way home before winterizing it. Seem great. Sure hope all goes well next year when we star using it.
Coachman322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:00 AM   #9

Just bought same model. Sold motorhome a year ago but missed camping. Will write as to how we enjoy this much smaller unit. Interested in hearing how you have done with yours.
padre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:02 AM   #10

Just sold our Coachman Catalina 2012 model, and had no issues to speak of with it. Sold in 18 hours on Craigslist for a great price too!
Old 07-28-2014, 07:45 AM   #11

Own a 2007 Coachmen Spirit of America 26 dbd. Had it for about 3yrs now. Camp in it alot during the season. No issues other than a lot of modifications and original parts are extremely hard to find. Ready to trade in on a tt with a slide to satisfy dw. :thumbup::thumbup:
Albertm97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:22 AM   #12

sounds like you used a certain dealer in the Lansing MI area!
Old 08-03-2014, 07:14 AM   #13

First trip

Just got our Coachman Clipper 17 FQ and went for the maiden voyage this past week. Had a great experience buying from Riley's RV World in Mayfield Ky. Obviously this trailer is smaller than our motor home but has everything we need and all worked well except the water heater does not cycle on and off to keep water hot. Have to turn off then back on to get it to heat up again. That should be easily fixed. This trailer tows great behind our Honda Ridgeline. So far we're very happy with our decision. We're glad to be back camping.
padre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:48 AM   #14

Owned a Clipper 16B for a year and a half, just traded up because we wanted a larger model. We got good service from our little Clipper, everything was working fine when I traded it in, would have kept it if it was bigger.
mavagrand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen