Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #1

Coleman Mach Air conditioner Capacitor and wiring

Hello,

I have a Coleman Mach air conditioner on my 1998 Fleetwood Prowler. I bought the camper from the second owner and he explained the original owner told him the AC unit did not work. I tore into it and it seems that someone took the capacitors out of the unit and never replaced them. I would like to identify the exact capacitors I need and hopefully an expplanation of the wiring. I found the exact model number of the AC unit is 733306664 and that there are 5 wires that are not connected to anything where the Capacitors should be. The wires are as follows
2 Brown wires that are connected directly to the 1/3 hp motor
1 yellow wire that comes from the Control panel
red wire that runs to the compressor
1 white wire that runs to the compressor.

The diagram on the panel seems to show two capacitors but I spoke to a fellow who sells the capacitors on ebay and he claims that this model actually uses 3 capacitors
Fan Capacitor Part # 1499-5461
Start Capacitor 1497-1081
Run Capacitor 1499-5561

I would appreciate any help with this
Thanks TT

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #2

OKAY I spoke to someone at what I believe is the Coleman factory, he explained that the Model number is 7333D6664 and it is a 13,500 BTU unit. He also explained that there would be two capacitors and best yet he sold them to me for a better price than I can find anywhere else. I also found a much more readable wiring diagram at the RVtechlibrary.com It will take a week or so to get the capacitors but hopefully I will be able to get the AC up and running

Old 05-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
Are you the same treetop from R/C Groups?
Old 05-20-2012, 05:30 AM   #4

I am not on any RC forums, maybe another treetop out there
Old 05-20-2012, 05:37 AM   #5

I recieved my new capacitors the other day in the mail. I have not had a chance to look at them closely yet. My dilemna is that since the capacitors were missing and I am just not positive how to connect the wires. The Fan capacitor should be easy since it only has the two wires, the white striped brown and a solid brown wire one to each side of that cap. But the start cap has three wires to connect up and only two sides to connect to? I will research further but if anyone can help I would appreciate it

Thanks
TT
Old 06-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #6

I finally had some time and installed the Capacitors. The fan worked fine but it did not cool at all. I was not sure but it seems that the compressor was not doing anything I called the Airxcel service line and the man (these guys are so very helpful) on the other line helped me troubleshoot it. I found that the fan / AC switch is bad and was not supplying the compressor with any voltage. I jumpered it temporarally and I found the AC cooled air temperature was almost 20 degrees less thank the air temp. I think I am set to go I just need to order the part. The tech told me that this is a very common part that fails?
Old 06-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
KIX

Good job treetop
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #8

I am having a hard time understanding what this switch actually does It controls the fan speed but also powers the compressor. There is a switch on the other side that is actually the thermastat It seems the only place that carrys the needed swicth will be Aitxcel

Tags
wiring