Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-21-2016, 08:24 AM   #1
Question Coleman RV Trailers

2016 Coleman ColemanCTS15BH, 8000 BTU A/C, Decor- Sedona, Lantern LT Pkg, RVIA Seal, Winterization

Hi everyone!
First, thanks iRV2 for the Happy Birthday email yesterday! I'm back and want to also thank member input on my first post last summer. I've not lost the fever of owning my first RV trailer for full-time use. I still have tons of questions and concerns.

Above are specs for a Coleman RV camper and I would like input if anyone has the time. Do you think it's a great brand and good quality?

I have no idea what the 'lantern package' is exactly (?). What does RVIA Seal mean? What extent is the 'weatherization'? I want one that can be used in colder climates so insulation is very important. Does anyone have any recommendations in regards to other brands that are better for winter use? There has to be many living in them in colder areas since I've seen dealerships in these parts of the country online. I cannot spend anymore than 10k or a little over. At first I was gonna try a used one but thought a newer model would hopefully last longer.

8,000 BTU seems a little low on the cold factor?

What about heat? Electric space heaters?

I'm still debating the idea of private land use versus camping in various places full time. I've noticed a few campgrounds that were only 300-$400.00 per mth. which seems like a good deal.

Anyone know of anyone campgrounds that offer lots that are fairly private? Meaning they aren't close to other RV's and allow more leeway if one has pets?

Input is appreciated on any part of these questions. I would've provided the link to the Coleman but wasn't sure if it was allowed. I'm not particularly impressed with the layout but for cost (winterization, although I hope that means more than tank insulation) it seems decent.

Thanks all.

DownsizeLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2016, 10:23 AM   #2
We purchased a new 2016 Coleman 192 RDS last May and pulled it over 12k miles without a single problem. We decided we wanted a bit bigger trailer, so recently traded it in on a new 2016 Bullet 269 RLS. We loved our little Coleman. It was a great trailer! Just not roomy enough for the two of us and it got especially crowded when our two Grandsons were along. LOL. The only thing we did not like about it was the crosswise bed. It got tiresome crawling over each other. But I think it was a quality trailer. No, the inside wasn't as nicely finished as our new Bullet, but everything worked and kept working. We used the furnace some last September in Grand Teton and Yellowstone and it heated the cabin nicely, but if you are going to be hooked up to electricity I suggest getting a small electric heater to save propane. Unless you are in really cold weather one small heater should work fine. Our Coleman did not have an enclosed underbelly, so the tanks were exposed to the weather. The Lantern package contains various features and you should be able to see what they are for your trailer by going to Coleman's web site and looking up your model.

parkerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:10 AM   #3
The winterization part I suspect just means that they put antifreeze in the water lines and drained the hot water heater. It only needs to be done when storing in below freezing temperatures.
2016 Winnebago 2201DS
2015 Ford F-150 5.0 L
Badlands Bob is offline   Reply With Quote