Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2014, 10:52 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by maromeo View Post
Between the 2 units the Jayco has more features in it. It has the walk around bed which is much easier to make and find sheets for. The kitchen has a 3 burner stove with oven and microwave. Those are a few items I could see. You have to find what works for you and your family.

Were those quotes all inclusive (taxes, doc fees, dealer fees etc.) or the base price? That is something else that needs to be considered.

Those were just the sales prices, not inclusive of fees, taxes etc.....
JaycoPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2014, 07:58 AM   #16

I learn more and more as I read the threads on this forum. I like to share what little I know to try to do my part. So... my buying experience: We had decided on having a lighter weight entry level camper having at least aluminum framing. Our search brought us to the Shadow Cruiser. A 26 footer had the features we wanted and the weight was good. So we visited a local dealer who we got down to $21K on a list price unit of $29K. Then I went online and found a dealer about 800 miles away who had the same unit for $16.3K. We bought that one but ended up spending more on extras (some we shouldn't have). And now we have a nice trailer for around $18K.
One thing to check, which I did not, is to look at the plate that is on every unit that has the true date of manufacture on it. Our "new 2013" we bought in Nov. 2013, was actually built in October of 2012. So it was over a year old when we bought it. That has raised all sorts of questions in my mind. But so far we have had no problems. Good luck with your search for a RV.
raytwntrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:52 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytwntrvlr View Post
Then I went online and found a dealer about 800 miles away who had the same unit for $16.3K. We bought that one but ended up spending more on extras (some we shouldn't have). And now we have a nice trailer for around $18K.

Thats why we are now looking at dealers in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
JaycoPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:13 AM   #18

Bigger the MSRP the higher the percent off of the MSRP you can expect to get. A TT under 20k, expect 20-25%. 20-40k, 30-35% and so on. I purchased my TT in February. It was about 10 degrees and snowing. Needless to say they wanted to sell an rv that day. All said and done I got about 40% off MSRP. Moral of the story...timing can also make a difference in your purchase. There are so many variables into the purchase of a TT. Bottom line is, do your due diligence in researching costs of the particular TT you are interested in. If the deal you make seems fair to you and you can afford it...then be happy with the deal you make.
chiliB3AN is offline   Reply With Quote