Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #15

I too have noticed that my Z1 was put together by what I can only describe as possible alcohol dependent individuals with access to the tools and parts and no supervision!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2014, 08:09 AM   #16

I have a 25 rb love the lay out . Have had bothe jacks replaced, and now have issues with steps weak , do not know if its the floor or brackes not sure how the mount them

Old 12-30-2014, 07:30 AM   #17

Just found another issue with our Crossroads 2013 Z-1. as I am sweeping in the bedroom I discovered the linoleum is ripped next to my side of the bed!. it's an even slice. I didn't do it and Iknow my wife didn't. just anohter negative I have to get fixed with my own money. CR's is the worse manufacturer I have ever dealt with. Never again....
Old 12-31-2014, 09:13 AM   #18

We just bought a 2015 sunset trail 32RL in June and have had it out 4 times so far and everything is working just fine we just love the lay out in this trailer, had a few days of down pouring rain and no leaks the only thing that was wrong was the DVD player didn't work when we picked it up but crossroads had a new one to our dealer in short order and was replaced, here is a forum just for crossroads trailers

CrossRoads RV Family Forum
Ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:31 AM   #19

It's hot or miss with them. I read horror stories like mine and then stories where I guess the build team wasn't drunk that day.....
Old 01-06-2015, 09:24 PM   #20

Smile

2013 30re about three thousand miles. no problems so far. Everything works as advertised.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:59 PM   #21

DO NOT BUY!

We seem to have the same issue as many others are mentioning. We have had a Sunset Trail Reserve 29SS for just under 2 years. The roof is essentially a piece of garbage. There is a soft spot on the roof by the antennae which we just noticed this spring- it hasnt started to leak YET. But we are now apparently on the hook for up to $4000 to fix this depending on the severity issue. Crossroads says essentially TOO BAD. You need to show them proof that it was inspected and treated every 6 months or the warranty is void (did not know this). This is the major issue along with a series of minor ones (TV never worked from the start, seal around sunroof in bathroom leaked etc) that we have had happen in less than two years of owning the trailer.
Thanks Crossroads. Never again. Piece of garbage wrapped up in a pretty container.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:51 AM   #22

I looked at Sunset Trails and thought they were very nice a roomy. A few things I would like to mention.

As the trailer rolls down the road the vibration will loosen up anything that is not 'lock tight' secure. I check my kitch and bathroom drain connections as they come loose. The shower will leak every few thousand miles of towing and needs resealed.

After 4 years my black tank sensor still works as I use my black tank flush everytime and let it run 20 minutes. I also will use a bag of ice in the empty black tank when I leave a campground. I use plenty of water when using the toliet.

cwacker - yikes, you store your trailer at 9,000 feet!!! That is really up there and changes things that us living at 500' to 1,000 feet do not deal with.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:58 AM   #23

Have had my ST29SS for 3 seasons looking forward to my 4th. Have only had a few minor issues that I easily fixed myself.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:57 PM   #24

I myself have had so many problems with crossroads and no assistance from them. It will all come out in the wash. when their sales are down and they start laying people off they will realize too late how customer service us the key to business...
Old 07-27-2016, 06:44 PM   #25

I too have a Sunset Trail Reserve, bought it new in mid 2015, new 2016 model. So far it has been back to the shop twice for recall on the outside kitchen, twice now back to the dealer for slide seals tearing, coming loose on the slide vertical seals, two cupboard doors warped, awning jamming when extending or closing, LED lights on front burnt out. Dealer tried to tell me the unit was out of warranty when there is a two year warranty on the unit. Then I was told the silicones are only guaranteed for 90 days, that you have to repeatedly do maintenance on the awnings. My response was we have only used the unit three times since buying it and its been in his shop four times. I traded a Class A for a Class F piece of crap. Just think Thor Industries just bought out Jayco so here will be another camper going down the tubes. They need to bring their production lines back to the states and quit hiring illegals from south of the boarder. No such thing a quality control any more. Enough people gets the word out of how cheap their product really is maybe Thor will get the hint.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:43 AM   #26

So sorry for all your troubles with your Sunset Trail. We had a few things fixed when it was under warranty and have no problems since. It is a 2014, purchased in June, 2013. We have found that the dealer we worked with is wonderful and very helpful (Kettelson Campers in Denver, CO). Unfortunately we have to give up camping because of health issues that my husband has, so our TT is for sale on this site.
cwacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:46 AM   #27

tuffr2, we are now much closer to Sea Level, living in East TN and the trailer is here with us. We had no problems at 9000 ft and have no problems here. My last post will tell you, though, that the TT is up for sale. Please read.

Told to me by a seasoned camper: I have to remember also (for those of you with problems) that any TT, 5th wheel or motorhome is nothing more than a rolling hurricane. LOL

cwacker is offline   Reply With Quote