Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2014, 08:12 AM   #1

Question Cruiser RV?

I've just learned about Cruiser RV, only because I've found a used Viewfinder V-Nose that is in our price range. Its a 2011 22' model.

What kind of reputation does Cruiser have? Are they well made trailers etc? Anyone care to share their experience?
JaycoPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #2

Pretty sure there will be a lot of mixed feelings and answers on their reputation. We just purchased ours in March and have absolutely loved ours, especially it being brand new. We have taken ours in a couple of times for items found during the PDI, as well as from our first couple of times out. Minor issues, minus one leak from the shower drain. Luckily it drained right out the bottom without touching any framework or interior objects, so no water soaked issues. From what I found during our research, they are a reputable company and stand by their work. The dealer we bought from has honored all the warranty work, which impressed us beyond our expectations. All plusses on our part, again, it was a brand new showroom model and we love it...
2014 Shadow Cruiser S314-TSB, 1999 F250 Crew cab (V10) w/equalizer WDH to carry DW, chitlins, and dogs...Retired (soon) Military/USAF, Yay!!! Lovin' the RV Life, though not FT yet. DW doesn't want this last step at this time...
JnDMac1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #3

I have just never heard of this brand, and there are only two dealerships in the Houston vicinity that sell them. Each of the dealerships is 50 miles outside of downtown as well.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:29 PM   #4

We bought a new 2013 Shadow Cruiser 26' bunkhouse model in November last year. We have taken it on a few trips, one of over 4000 miles/ 3 weeks, and so for no complaints. Tows easily, sets up quickly and has been comfortable for us two retirees. We think we will have no troubles living in it for three months this coming winter.
raytwntrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:57 PM   #5

We own a 2011 Viewfinder 22RBDS and have done about 10,000 miles since we purchased it new. Colorado, Midwest and South Dakota trip all went well (even the mountains). The only real issue we had was the plumbing from the shower to the grey tank was improperly hooked up (pipe went too far into tank and would only hold 5 gal before backing up). Dealer repaired under warranty and now works great.
We love the quality of the unit and other than tweaking things to make them work/look better for us, the camper has required no repairs in three years.

Brian
2011 Dodge Durango Crew & 2011 Cruiser RV - Viewfinder 22RBDS
natwwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #6

We're going to go look at a 2011 V19K this weekend. I like the looks of the setup, we'll have to see how it works once we're standing in it.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:21 PM   #7

We bought our 2008 Fun Finder X 240 about a year ago and have put several thousand miles on it and have been impressed with the quality. Everything still works like new and I have not had to repair anything on it.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #8

Jayco

You are actually considering used !!!!

Jim
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:08 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
And what is wrong with used?
gpscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Jayco

You are actually considering used !!!!

Jim

For this particular trailer, yes. Y'all have eased my fears a bit, and this is a $30K trailer brand new, sooooo....... I'm considering it. I'm just going look at this point.

But considering it, is a giant step for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpscotty View Post
And what is wrong with used?

Nothing is wrong with used, he's just referring to the post I made stating that I adamantly did not want to buy used because I was/am scared to buy someone elses headache.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:33 PM   #11

How about some pics. ? And if not out of line, what price are you looking at ???? Non-of my business of course !!!!

Jim
Old 06-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
How about some pics. ? And if not out of line, what price are you looking at ???? Non-of my business of course !!!!

Jim

Used 2011 Cruiser ViewFinder V-19FK Travel Trailers at Lone Star RV Houston Texas Lone Star RV
Old 06-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #13

Looks very Sweeeeeeet !!! Just remember that's there asking price ? If you like it, play hardball !!!
This is your first TT and you not sure if you can afford that much, plus your wife is really not sold on a camper anyway !!!

Jim
Old 06-17-2014, 05:21 PM   #14

And, she's allergic to mosquitoes !!!!!

Jim