Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2012, 03:34 AM   #1

Cruiser RV Viewfinder Purchase Feedback Please

I am thinking about buying a new Travel Trailer and have been looking at the Viewfinder by Cruiser RV Looks like a nice unit , seems to be well manufactured in terms of materials? Can't seem to find any customer feedback. Does anyone own a Viewfinder? Are you happy with it? Have you had any quality issue? Does it tow easy?

Thanks

Ian

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2012, 06:23 AM   #2

Ian, we've got a 2010 22RBDS and love it!
When we first got it we did have an issue with the grey water (pipe wasn't properly attached to grey tank and it would back up in shower), but other than that, no significant problems.

All the major systems work great, no manufacturing problems, good quality construction.
The fiberglass cleans very easily and after a year and half the trailer still looks brand new.

We did make a few changes, added LED lights inside, changed a few of the shelves in the storage areas, but that was because of our personal preferences not because of problems.

The rubber roof seems to be well designed, wrapping around the sides a bit and having a track that holds it in place, all the opening on the roof were properly caulked.

I would buy another one without hesitation!
Brian & Donna

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Brian & Donna
2011 Dodge Durango Crew & 2011 Cruiser RV - Viewfinder 22RBDS
natwwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #3

21FB Viewfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPURDY View Post
I am thinking about buying a new Travel Trailer and have been looking at the Viewfinder by Cruiser RV Looks like a nice unit , seems to be well manufactured in terms of materials? Can't seem to find any customer feedback. Does anyone own a Viewfinder? Are you happy with it? Have you had any quality issue? Does it tow easy?

Thanks

Ian
My husband and I have a 2009 Viewfinder 21FB we love it and it is a quality product. It tows easy and well built. We have not had any issues with our travel trailer at all.

Ours is well designed and just feels really roomy.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #4

I forgot to say that when we first got our Viewfinder the dealer seemed to leave out a few items. After not responding to us we contacted Cruiser RV Customer Care directly and they were onto of the problem. They took care of us and made sure that everything was addressed as soon as soon as possible. They care about their customers.

The Customer Service at Cruiser RV were awesome to deal with they were great about addressing our issues and making sure we got what we needed they sent out everything to us and made sure they followed up with an email and phone call to make sure everything was taken care of. Great company in my opinion.

We have the V nose with the solid fiberglass front. If you purchase one you will love it.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #5

Thanks for the feedback. It has set our minds at ease. We went and had a look at one yesterday. Beautiful trailer , we also looked an Outback. Hard to choose but we will need to soon. I like the fact that the Viewfinder is light weight and the price seems right as well. There are some good videos on You Tube showing how they build the Cruiser line of trailers. Worth a watch! Thanks again for your feedback.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #6

I can't speak for the Viewfinder line, but I have owned two FunFinders also made by Cruiser RV. The appliances and material used in them are top quality but the workmanship is sometimes a little shoddy.

I have had water leaks in both trailers caused by lack of caulking. One of the front clearance lights was caulked on both sides and the bottom but not a drop on the top side where it is really needed. If you get one, be sure to check the spare tire bracket. Cruiser mounts them to the rear wall instead of the bumper. Unfortunately, they don't feel it necessary to seal around the mount bolts. I fought a leak in the bathroom for months before I found the leak. Even took it back to the dealer and they said that it was a loose line to the toilet. I might never have found the leak if I hadn't had a flat and needed to use the spare.

I had to rework all the cabinet doors in our present trailer because the staples they used to hold the panels in were too short. After a few months, the panels started coming loose.

Not trying to turn you off on the Viewfinder. I would buy another FunFinder if I had to do it over. Just letting you know to check everything carefully
Old 07-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #7

The V nose is easy to tow and you don't even know it's back there. We tow it with a 2007 Chevy Avalanche Truck. When we saw this trailer back in 2009 we really liked the design. We see they have added new models.

Enjoy your search, we like the Outbacks also, but they are were too heavy for our truck. Glad you got the feedback you were looking for.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #8

We have a 2012 22RBDS purchased last Nov. Dealer did a good job of inspecting and correcting most issues before we took delivery. Spent a weekend close to home and found a few small problems, (a drawer did close well, Ect) and a problem with holding tank vent pipes. Both were installed flush with the roof. Return to dealer on Tuesday and ready Thursday. Although easy fixes, dealer is 10 miles away. Let them take of it.

What we like about this unit is the large bathroom. Removed the out side sink and cooktop to make pullout storage.

Would recommend a viewfinder.

Tags
purchase