Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2019, 05:36 PM   #15

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Consider it totaled. Without peeling it down to the frame for a full inspection no way of telling everything that's damaged.

The advice in post 7 is exactly the same as mine. Open the claim now with your insurance company. These are times we pay insurance for, use it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2019, 10:45 AM   #16

its a little hard to read the O/P original first post. BUT it sounds like the fire happened at the dealership, shouldn't the dealership insurance be the one to take care of it? tell them it should be totaled. I would consult your insurance co. and possibly an attorney your in the right position to get taken advantage of.
Jay D.
Jay D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:21 PM   #17

I wouldn’t even consider keeping if they did say they fixed it. That would always be in the back of my mind what if they did miss fixing or covering something up and possibly things going bad a year or so later because of it.
Jayco19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:41 AM   #18

If it melted the insulation in the door, what about the insulation in the sidewall? There is no way id take that trailer back.
Jshopes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:32 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D. View Post
its a little hard to read the O/P original first post. BUT it sounds like the fire happened at the dealership, shouldn't the dealership insurance be the one to take care of it? tell them it should be totaled. I would consult your insurance co. and possibly an attorney your in the right position to get taken advantage of.
Jay D.

My thoughts exactly. I mean if someone ran into your car in the parking lot, why would you file a claim with YOUR insurance?
ratherberv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:48 AM   #20

IMO, I would personally use my own insurance company to file a claim. They are more adapt to be on your side for a total loss then someone else’s ins. It’s a no fault claim for you. Let your insurance company deal with recovery from their insurance company. No different than being in a car accident where your the one being hit. The only hassle is your deductible. You’ll have to pay it until your insurance company settles with theirs but the difference in time for payout can be many months shorter. The opposing insurance company will try and do everything on the cheap, finding hidden damage as they dig in can halt repairs until approvals are given. Their insurance will be less likely to total it as well.
I’m only speaking from the experience of being in very nasty car accidents. The other guys insurance drug their feet trying to force a settlement which was sub par. Meaning your rig and you sit idle and wait. I got my insurance company involved, had it fixed the right way and let the behemoths work it out among themselves. 9 months later I was reimbursed for the deductible.
I would think using an attorney in this situation might be on your dime. Since there was no physical injury you would have to hope any settlement covered your attorney fees which again could drag on for months.
rick.hose is offline   Reply With Quote