Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2011, 07:53 PM   #1

Dealing with Insurance

Have heard dealing with insurance on the

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #2

Sorry hit send on iPad. Heard dealing with insurance for the TTs can be a pain. Ours was in driveway getting ready for trip last night. Ten minutes of golf ball and baseball size hail did a number on it. Completely destroyed the back and right side of trailer. Knocked off and broke both tail lights and all the back and right side running lights. Broke two windows cracked the skylight and destroyed the air unit. Not just the shroud, but the cooling fins were destroyed as well. Took off all the outside lights and heck it even tore the flag pole holder off the back. We have replacement value insurance on it through our local company. Thinking I should shoot for that but I'm not sure. Also completely destroyed the tow vehicle as well.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachDJS View Post
We have replacement value insurance on it through our local company. Thinking I should shoot for that but I'm not sure. .
I'm wondering why you would not shoot for the replacement value, if that is a plan provision for which you have paid premium??
Old 06-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #4

That's what I was thinking.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:49 AM   #5
GPW

Good Luck Coach .... hope you read the "fine print"on your policy ...
Old 06-16-2011, 06:21 PM   #6

Most of the time I have had insurance claims on my RVs, they went as well as the house insurance. If you don't like the offer, get an independent adjuster to look at it, and also might take it to an RV repair shop and get your own appraisal.

Joe
'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #7

The adjuster showed up and did our house. Totaled the roof. Some water damage inside of a room where roof leaked. We have a patio awning they totaled it all new siding, gutters and facia and sofet plus new windows because it hit hard enough it broke the vinyl on the window sides and a new vinyl fence for the back yard and new garage door. No estimate yet, but I'm sure it's going to be a doozy.

Tags
insurance